PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence positive for Covid

Clemson can beat BC with two hands tied behind their backs but it’ll sure be interesting to see if this affects the Notre Dame game next week.

Looks like he's out for the ND game as well.

That's huge.

Looks like he's out for the ND game as well.

That's huge.
Yeah, ND will be a much tougher game, and they barely survived today. National Championship implications on the line, but it could be a preview of the ACC Champ Game.

Clemson is not beating ND at South Bend w/o Lawrence. I know the Tigers are loaded but so is ND. But even with that loss, theyre a lock for at least the final four and should be favs to repeat.

Clemson is not beating ND at South Bend w/o Lawrence. I know the Tigers are loaded but so is ND. But even with that loss, theyre a lock for at least the final four and should be favs to repeat.
First of all, it wouldn't be a repeat. Second of all, I would hardly consider them a "lock" if they lose next week. They wouldn't even control their own destiny for the ACC-CCG. I can't see the ACC sending two teams and I can't see Clemson going over the ACC Champ.

Last edited:
First of all, it wouldn't be a repeat. Second of all, I would hardly consider them a "lock" if they lose next week. They wouldn't even control their own destiny for the ACC-CCG. I can't see the ACC sending two teams and I can't see Clemson going over the AAC Champ.
Yeah brain cramp it just feels like a repeat.
They are clearly the best team in the country with Lawrence. I didnt check schedule but i assumed if they won out theyd be in the acc champ game. This ND in the acc for 1 year is weird. Are they both in same div? Thats the only way clemson is not a lock for that game. But if so ND could win out. Yes i can see 2 acc teams in the playoffs if clemson wins out after ND. Bama will be the only sec team in and ohio state is likely. A lot can happen but the sec aint all that this year at the top.

All bb has to do is lose the next 10 games and with a little help, we get Lawrence!

lawrence must have heard trevor and the jets in the same sentence and came down with "goodell fever".

Yeah brain cramp it just feels like a repeat.
They are clearly the best team in the country with Lawrence. I didnt check schedule but i assumed if they won out theyd be in the acc champ game. This ND in the acc for 1 year is weird. Are they both in same div? Thats the only way clemson is not a lock for that game. But if so ND could win out. Yes i can see 2 acc teams in the playoffs if clemson wins out after ND. Bama will be the only sec team in and ohio state is likely. A lot can happen but the sec aint all that this year at the top.
There’s only one division (this year) so it is not a situation where you play everyone in your division. The reason why I don’t see 2 ACC teams is because I just don’t see the loser of the ACC-CCG getting a playoff invite, even if it was a previously-unbeaten ND getting their first loss. It is certainly possible though, so my prediction is not exactly written in stone.

I think what I said yesterday, while true at the time, is no longer accurate. UNC, who Clemson does not play, lost last night, giving them 2 losses on the season. Since Clemson doesn’t play UNC, UNC was the team Clemson would not catch up to if ND beat Clemson and UNC won out (Clemson would have lost on tiebreakers). But now that UNC has 2 losses, Clemson can afford to lose next week, but still control their destiny for reaching the ACC-CCG.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back