PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classic description of Gronk from a Green Bay Packer writer/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From http://allgbp.com/2014/11/30/5-reas...eat-the-patriots-and-1-reason-they-might-not/

If you’re getting old like I am, odds are good you played the arcade game “Rampage” growing up. While little Army men shot at you and helicopters tried to take you down, your “Rampage” character — either a giant gorilla, lizard or werewolf — destroyed buildings, ate people and stomped on vehicles. The entire point of the game was to cause as much destruction as possible before you were taken down. That’s Rob Gronkowski in a nutshell. Gaining yards and scoring seems like a bonus to Gronk. His main objective is to just cause chaos and reign destruction upon whomever gets in his way. I have no idea how the Packers, or any team, can stop Gronk. I suppose you just have to grab onto him and hope he falls before he knocks down all of your buildings, or eats all of your defensive players.​

Nice quote. As I said on another thread, Gronk is the only offensive skill player in the NFL who can dominate the game without touching the ball. He will wreck carnage on the other team by drawing double and triple teams, by his blocking, and by his sheer physical presence, even without gaining yards or scoring TDs, both of which he excels at. He's a unique weapon.

Unleash The Gronk!

Let BEAST MODE begin!

Wreak havoc & dismay!

Nice quote. As I said on another thread, Gronk is the only offensive skill player in the NFL who can dominate the game without touching the ball. He will wreck carnage on the other team by drawing double and triple teams, by his blocking, and by his sheer physical presence, even without gaining yards or scoring TDs, both of which he excels at. He's a unique weapon.
IMO, he is the only offensive weapon in the NFL that can't be countered.

I played Rampage. Gronk fits it well with those playable characters. I didn't expect this level of play from him. I knew it was possible, I was hoping.... but Gronk has surpassed my expectations. I like it a lot.

get this beast involved early and often. 10+ targets!

Agreed, but if GB does like Detroit and puts 3 guys on him and leaves Tim Wright with absolutely no one covering him, take that instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes