PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers Injury Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
.........and Las Vegas has the Chargers favored by 3?

The spread is made by where the $$ is going, if a lot of people start taking the Pats the line will move that way and vice versa. "Vegas" wants the same amount of money on both sides of the line, that way they can collect the vig with little to no risk.

Gates missed practice again today.

Antonio Gates (toe) missed his third straight day of practice Friday.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that it's "a given" that Malcom Floyd (hamstring) won't play.

And as said, looks like it's a given that their #1 WR won't be playing.

Last edited:
Once a player is ruled out on the Injury list, his status can't be changed, to my knowledge. And I thought that Floyd was listed as OUT on Wednesday.

However, that link says he's only listed as doubtful. Same with Naanee.

The NFL.COM site has no game status listed for any of the San Diego players.

The NFL Injury Report

However, Fred Taylor and Jarrod Page have both been listed as OUT for the Pats.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arrington out either.. Hamstring injuries just take too long to heal.

Update posted on NFL site:
Larry English LB Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Nate Kaeding K right Groin Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Malcom Floyd WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Legedu Naanee WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Antonio Gates TE Toe Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Craig Davis WR Ribs Did Not Participate In Practice Probable
Ryan Mathews RB Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Once a player is ruled out on the Injury list, his status can't be changed, to my knowledge. And I thought that Floyd was listed as OUT on Wednesday.

However, that link says he's only listed as doubtful. Same with Naanee.

The NFL.COM site has no game status listed for any of the San Diego players.

The NFL Injury Report

However, Fred Taylor and Jarrod Page have both been listed as OUT for the Pats.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arrington out either.. Hamstring injuries just take too long to heal.

There really isn't a good reason for a home team to list a player as OUT unless there is surgery or medical clearance involved. Road teams that leave players behind would have a hard time explaining anything but an OUT designation.

The Chargers site lists Gates as DOUBTFUL after a limited practice today...not QUESTIONABLE after a DNP. No idea if this is correct.

As for Arrington, I would tend to agree that he wouldn't play and I'm surprised he would make the trip (long plane ride can't be good for your hammy). Also expect Edelman to sit it out which could mean the debuts of Wheatley and Price. Was hoping Wheatley would get some snaps soon since Belichick seems to like him playing against Indy (2 of 11 games and only start).

John Clayton just said Gates will "probably be out" with an outside chance of him even going through pre-game warm-ups.

This is great gift if Floyd, Gates, and Naanee don't play. That offense goes from great to bottom 10. Patrick Crayton #1 target lol.

We should be favorites.

Last edited:
Take the Pats and the 3 points....:)

I like being the underdog.:cool:

I foresee a 10-12 pt victory:singing::singing::singing:

Regardless of the injuries, it's still going to come down to can we exploit the Chargers pass protection. Rivers is the best QB we've faced all year to this point and we did make Sanchez/Fitzpatrick look pretty good with limited weapons.

Re: Antonio Gates injured - May miss Patriots game

Antonio Gates injured | National Football Post

Never want to wish ill will upon any player (except Brett Favre), but I wouldn't be too sad to miss watching Antonio Gates play against us.

There's a difference between wishing "ill" on a player and wishing that he would have the opportunity to take the week off when his team plays the Pats, after which he returns, rested and ready, to his full strength.

Gates will play. No, I have no sources. I just know he will. The Chargers will try to ride the emotion of their veteran leader hobbling through pain. Gates is a tough SOB.

So out for the Chargers will be...

#1 WR: Vincent Jackson
#2 WR: Malcom Floyd
#3 WR: Legedu Naanee
#1 TE: Antonio Gates (Game-Time Decision if he is or not)

K: Nate Kaeding

If our defense can't stop a defense with it's Top 3 (Possibly 4 if Gates doesn't play) recieving threats out, we're in trouble.

So out for the Chargers will be...

#1 WR: Vincent Jackson
#2 WR: Malcom Floyd
#3 WR: Legedu Naanee
#1 TE: Antonio Gates (Game-Time Decision if he is or not)

K: Nate Kaeding

If our defense can't stop a defense with it's Top 3 (Possibly 4 if Gates doesn't play) recieving threats out, we're in trouble.

Vincent Jackson hasn't played all year and the Chargers are the top passing offense in terms of yards all season. He is irrelevant to the discussion. The others aren't though, but Rivers did make Patrick Crayton look like a damn good #1 receiving option last week after Floyd and Gates went out.

That said, I think the defense should perform fairly well today. I expect the Chargers to get yards, but not a lot of points.

Vincent Jackson hasn't played all year and the Chargers are the top passing offense in terms of yards all season. He is irrelevant to the discussion. The others aren't though, but Rivers did make Patrick Crayton look like a damn good #1 receiving option last week after Floyd and Gates went out.

That said, I think the defense should perform fairly well today. I expect the Chargers to get yards, but not a lot of points.

I have to agree with you. I expect the Patriots to win this one, but the Chargers have always played us tough, so their winning wouldn't be so much of a surprise if it happened. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be really ticked off it New England lost this one, but I could, sadly, see SD pulling this one out.

I would also add that I think the Charger's fortunes will depend upon which Phillip Rivers shows up for this game. If he starts ripping his own team mates and throwing on-field tantrums or sideline rants, then the Patriots will have an easier time, because when he does that he overcompensates and makes mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes