PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones Contract Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him I always liked him.

Good for him...never begrudge players money...especially good homegrown players.

Really like Jones but he's not 17m/yr good... always felt like he'd have 5 or 6 dominant games a season and was just there for the rest.

Good luck with that. Smh. The guy would dissapeared in some big games.

And the fans around here (AZ) wonder why they can't win anything. QB is one big problem, but stuff like this is another. 17 per for Chandler Jones? Really? That's just irresponsible.

Really like Jones but he's not 17m/yr good... always felt like he'd have 5 or 6 dominant games a season and was just there for the rest.

Agree... I like him too... but 50 million over 3 years... yikes...

albatrosfly.gif

"Hey, Arizona! I'm looking forward to hanging around your neck!"

Good for him, and not a crazy overpay by the Cardinals for where the edge rusher market is. That's slightly less in AAV than the Giants gave Olivier Vernon last year, and I view them as roughly equal talents. Given the dearth of top-end talent in this FA cap and the amount of cap space bad and stupid teams have at their disposal, I bet the Cardinals are relieved they didn't have to go up from Vernon's deal. I don't think they'll get $17M per year in value out of him, but that seems to be the intrinsic nature of upper-tier edge rushers in FA. They always get overpaid; that's why Belichick probably traded him in the first place, and I could easily see us being back in the same position with Flowers a year from now if he builds on his performance over the second half of 2016.

Of course, they then went and spent $7M per year to lock up Jermaine Gresham, so.... yeah.

Good for him, and not a crazy overpay by the Cardinals for where the edge rusher market is. That's slightly less in AAV than the Giants gave Olivier Vernon last year, and I view them as roughly equal talents. Given the dearth of top-end talent in this FA cap and the amount of cap space bad and stupid teams have at their disposal, I bet the Cardinals are relieved they didn't have to go up from Vernon's deal.

Of course, they then went and spent $7M per year to lock up Jermaine Gresham, so.... yeah.

I'd argue Vernon is a bit better too. Jones just....isn't that good for that money.

Agree... I like him too... but 50 million over 3 years... yikes...

albatrosfly.gif

"Hey, Arizona! I'm looking forward to hanging around your neck!"
He won't be an albatross because he's a good productive player, but he's being overpaid.

Nobody was calling Jones one of the best pass rushers in the NFL until he got paid like one.

Two sacks in nine playoff games, and I think one of those was when Ninkovich basically chased Russell Wilson into Jones' arms.

Good luck with that. Smh. The guy would dissapeared in some ALL games.
Fixed it for you. Lol

I'm still happy he got his first big contract. It'll be interesting to see if he plays it through... or how much of it he plays through.

I'm happy CJ got his money, but that's flatout nuts! Good thing BB could see the writing on the wall with the Olivier Vernon contract who CJ had comparable numbers sackwise.

This type of crazy money deal for Jones was predicted by many of the posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back