PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celts & Heat frontrunners to add Troy Murphy

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
If he's bought out by Golden State once they trade for him (lots of ifs...), Mannix has Murphy going to one of the two East heavyweights:
Boston and Miami are the frontrunners to sign soon to be free agent Troy Murphy, league sources tell SI

I think it's a huge addition for either team, especially Miami. Good rebounder, great range as a shooter. He would help Miami space the floor for their playmakers.

And he'd do the same for the C's.

Ultimately, over the long run, Miami has way more minutes to offer, so I think he ends up there. In the short term, the Celts have no O'Neals, Perk just banged up his knee a little, Semih has been banged up. I hope Ainge is aggressive and realizes he can't count on any of these guys.

Rondo with Ray-Pierce-KG-Murphy is a really tough unit to defend while making only some concessions in defense and rebounding. Spread out Ray-Paul-Murphy, let Rondo work the pick and roll w/ KG, kick out to the open guy.

Last edited:
Never heard of him. Is he a good distributor?

Nevermind. Just checked his stats page. Looks like he'd be a nice, quality, back-up forward. The Heat are lacking that at the moment.

Only reason I really know Murphy is b/c he's been on my fantasy team 3 years straight (which hasn't done me any good this year). He's never played for a team that mattered in his career as far as I know.

But, generally, when playing enough minutes, the guy is good for about 10&10 with 40% 3 pt shooting. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back