Cassel hype on this board reaches epidemic proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cassell hype on this board reaches epidemic proportions

Look at some of the threads:

1. Should Patriots sign Cassel instead of Brady
2. Cassel has arrived
3. Lombardi says Cassel should be franchised if Pats want to keep him

Even the Cowboys were cautious with Tony Romo about signing him to a megadeal. They wiated to see consistency in his performance over a year and a half before investing megadollars.

MC still has some major flaws in his game.

He is not a top 10 quarterback in this league and probably not top 15.

When he has had 5 more games like the last one and has led a team to the playoffs then we can "crown him"

and he has proven to be a horrible qb that cant win when it matters. Guess they should have taken more time.

Cassel had 462 all-purpose yards and 3TD passes and people are claiming he isn't good enough to win us games? When a QB gives you 462 yards and you're team loses, the defense is to blame. Cassel could have easily leaded us to 6 to 14 more points on the first 2 drives of the second half, it was the Watson fumble and miss-snap that screwed us over. Cassel still lead the team to 31 points and tie the game on a drive with just over 1 minute and no TO.

The defense is our number one concern. It has been the defense and stupid TO/penalties that have cost us 2 losses in 3 games. It has nothing to do with Cassel.

it doesn't really matter what we think his value is or how good we think he is...... it's what other teams think of him and what they have at QB.

Tell you what, I'll take the hall of fame receiver and his experienced cohort and you take the guy that makes 95% safe passes.

I guess that Brady guy must be pretty good, since he made those two shmucks look like good receivers.:rolleyes:

When you lose an arguement badly on facts, then simply introduce yet another ridicululous point to distract from your total ineptness. Experience has taught you all the tricks, but sadly, none of the knowlege. ;)

i think we all need to remember who cassel threw for 400 yards against the other night......the jets. can we please quiet down on how this guy is steve young to brady's montana.

but that being said, i wish we had him under contract for one more year. if matt fricken schaub can get traded for 2 first round picks after having played 2 games, just imagine what a team like the lions or 49ers would give for him.

When you lose an arguement badly on facts, then simply introduce yet another ridicululous point to distract from your total ineptness. Experience has taught you all the tricks, but sadly, none of the knowlege. ;)

My facts are Randy Moss is a great and experienced receiver.

Cassel is extremely inexperienced.

I watched the same games as you.

You see Cassel being held back by the ineptitude of Moss. I see the opposite.

What argument did I lose on facts?

My facts are Randy Moss is a great and experienced receiver.

Cassel is extremely inexperienced.

I watched the same games as you.

You see Cassel being held back by the ineptitude of Moss. I see the opposite.

What argument did I lose on facts?

You post statements that people don't make.

The fact is that uncharacteristicly, Moss and The Hut have both dropped passes and blown off routes this season that have cost us long completeions. You call it ineptitude. I called it not playing to their potential. The failure of such plays contribute to your disengenuous flawed arguement that Cassel is a problem at QB. He has not been so far. I am not denying that Cassel has also missed guys deep.

Last edited:

You post statements that people don't make.

The fact is that uncharacteristically, Moss and The Hut have both dropped passes and blown off routes this season that have cost us long completeions. You call it ineptitude. I called it not playing to their potential. The failure of such plays contribute to your disingenuous flawed arguement that Cassel is a problem at QB. He has not been so far. I am not denying that Cassel has also missed guys deep.

I saw Cassel wildly over throw Moss on a number of long routes. Defensive players do hold Moss you know.

You've decided That Cassel always makes good throws, so any mess up must be the receivers fault.

That's your decision. The "facts" aren't in dispute, but the interpretation is.

The failure of such plays contribute to your disengenuous flawed arguement that Cassel is a problem at QB

So I'm making up statements? I think Cassel is playing great. A problem? For a guy who hadn't started games since high school and was awful in pre season, I'm thrilled at his performance.

I am not denying that Cassel has also missed guys deep.

Whoops. You snuck that in I almost missed it. The (condensed) title of this thread is "Cassel hype reaches epidemic proportions".

I'm being sarcastic. It's hard to be sarcastic when some other posters are saying Cassel might be as good as or better than Brady or Manning (it's true, I swear if you string their posts together).

We're all rooting for Cassel, we're all happy as hell about his progress. In our system it is not possible to know who made the right decision or throw on any one play unless you have the playbook, the options and can read the defense on that play.

Realizing there are some intermediate steps from starting your first games since high school and being a complete NFL quarterback, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the future hall of famer that is being mugged and double and triple teamed on every play over the guy who has started less than ten games. Fair enough?

Last edited:
Look at some of the threads:

1. Should Patriots sign Cassel instead of Brady
2. Cassel has arrived
3. Lombardi says Cassel should be franchised if Pats want to keep him

Even the Cowboys were cautious with Tony Romo about signing him to a megadeal. They wiated to see consistency in his performance over a year and a half before investing megadollars.

MC still has some major flaws in his game.

He is not a top 10 quarterback in this league and probably not top 15.

When he has had 5 more games like the last one and has led a team to the playoffs then we can "crown him"
Well Cassel has done a great job and I think the pats should extend his contract now before another team offers him more money after this season is done.

Last edited:

1- Cassel will NOT succeed at elsewhere. Moss and Walker make him look good. His red zone is still no good. When your kicker has more points than your QB? How could you possibly tell me that he is a great QB or better?

2- Cassel SCORED a lot of TDs on bad secondary teams.

3-We'll see if this 4 year system guy can lead us to a SB win. 01 rookie TB did without Moss and Welker. That's difference.

I simply couldnt let this one go.

#1, we don't care if he succeeds somewhere else. All we care about, is him doing well here, and getting us a draft pick for next year. He does a good job for the Pats, and NO ONE knows how he'll do on another team. So to make the statment you made, is, well, just dumb. Speaking of dumb, who is Walker? Did we sign someone new named Walker? :rolleyes:

#2 :wha: so have alot of other QB's, so what does this have to do with the price of apples? :D

#3 I think you'd better go back, and watch that SB. TFB also had a defense that played a helluva game against the greatest show on turf. They were aggressive, and hungry, and relatively healthy.lol. That was a team effort, not the TFB show, like last year.

Well Cassel has done a great job and I think the pats should extend his contract now before another team offers him more money after this season is done.

I agree. ..........

If Morris gets a better block, we're not 6-4.
If Gaff catches a perfect ball, we're not 6-4.
If Watson doesn't fumble, we're not 6-4.
If the defense can stop the wildcat, we're not 6-4.

If you could see past years of experience and pay-scales... we're still 6-4.

:rolleyes:

Cassel showed he can put the game on his back, just like Tom. He showed poise under pressure. In numerous games he showed the ability to keep going back to the guys with the slippery hands and they have put up points. If anyone is "up and down" it the New England Patriots football team. Like it or hate, Cassel represents more consistency than most of the other players.

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
sounds like the chargers

sounds like the chargers
It is an ongoing embarrassment for us, but we hope BB's got them turned around and focused so we can forget this episode of classy mediocrity. :cool:

i think we all need to remember who cassel threw for 400 yards against the other night......the jets. can we please quiet down on how this guy is steve young to brady's montana.

but that being said, i wish we had him under contract for one more year. if matt fricken schaub can get traded for 2 first round picks after having played 2 games, just imagine what a team like the lions or 49ers would give for him.

Indeed; the division leading Jets - in a division that doesn't have a team under .500...

It is an ongoing embarrassment for us, but we hope BB's got them turned around and focused so we can forget this episode of classy mediocrity. :cool:

Well geez, if all it is is them facing the wrong way the next six games should easy!

The key difference between us and the Chargers is that we have a coach. Someday your team too will have a coach, JCDavey. ;)

That said, your RB is looking pretty much done. Think he's ready for his twilights here in New England?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents