PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't miss Lombardi-BS podcast, describes James White as a "Fred Flinstone runner"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I promise I'm not getting any money for bringing up his podcast lol (I've investigated myself and confirmed this), but really this is a must listen. His Pats take is right at the beginning. Talks about what Gronk and Marty are going to do going forward and describes James White as a Fred Flinstone runner. Lombardi has quite the way with words if you've heard him a few times lol.

You know Fred Flinstone had that car and he had to run his feet five times before he could get going? That's James White (paraphrasing).

Last edited:
I liked the part where Lombardi said that a team had to be over 52 in rushes and completions in a game to be considered a good offense.

On the flip side I presume the fewer rushes and completions the defense gives up the better it is.

A balanced offense would mean the rushes and completions are roughly equal. Right now Pats avg 33 rushes and 21 passes per game. That's to be expected with Brissett playing the majority of 2 games. Even with Brissett and Garappolo playing 4 games, the Pats are avg 54 per game. Note that with Brady they had 35 rushes and 28 completions for 63 in game 5.

In 2014 they averaged 52 and 2015 49 and gave up 49 in 2014 and 47 in 2015.

It's a fun stat to play around with. So far we are trending to have a better year then in 2014 when we won the SB. 2015 stat says we had a good defense but the offense slipped which matches what we saw with the injuries that we had on the offensive side of the ball. I was curious about 2007 and we avg 53 on offense and 42 on defense.

Bottom line I think the stat says, if you rush more and complete more passes then your opponent, you have a very good chance to win. More chances to score, better time of possession stats.

I thought I would look at the first 5 games:

Pats 55 Cards 43
Pats 62 Dolph 48
Pats 50 Hou 51
Pats 49 Bills 59
Pats 63 Clev 42

Looking at our next opponent. Cin offense 50 defense 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24