PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Blake Bortles really be this dumb?

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Blake Bortles: 'No one really knows what time zone we're in' after flying to Foxborough from Florida

Uh... same time zone, there, Blake...

tenor.gif

Sounded to me like a deadpan sarcastic answer to about the most stupid question you could expect to hear:

Reporter: "Have you been able to get adjusted to the time clock change?"

I think the entire context sounds like he darned well knows what time zone he's in and is doing his best impression of Bill Belichick.

Surprised this didn't become a "GRONK DEMANDS TRADE TO DOLPHINS" headliner with ESPN already breaking down how Gronk fits into the Dolphins offense.

To be fair, the Patriots aren't immune to this sort of mix up concerning time and travel between Florida and New England. Back in 2013, Rob Gronkowski told Toucher & Rich that -- if he could choose a superpower -- he'd want a time machine

Why?

As transcribed by Bleacher Report:

"Like, if I could just be like 'I want to be in Florida right now,' and then, boom, I'm in Florida," Gronk said.
Fortunately, Gronk is not it charge of the Patriots' clock management. Fortunately for Bortles, two-minute drills are not affected by time zones.

Sounded to me like a deadpan sarcastic answer to about the most stupid question you could expect to hear:

Count me as one of the suckers who mainly fell for the writer's trap of 'headline bait'.

I agree, it was 100% a dumb question and not a dumb answer. I'm sure he was just shrugging it off and moving to the next question.

Did I not get that? Was I in fact the stupid one? o_O Hopefully not... but if that IS the case...

Last edited:
in hard knocks, we learn that jared goff doesn't know that the sun rises in the east. so to answer the original question, "yes".

in hard knocks, we learn that jared goff doesn't know that the sun rises in the east. so to answer the original question, "yes".

You have got to be kidding me.......?

Not as dumb as Colin Kaepernick who opted out of a 14.5M contract

Kaep was told that he could opt out, or he could be released; he was never seeing that money. Had he not agreed to renegotiate the contract and trade injury guarantees for the opt-out, he'd have never seen the field and then been released anyway, without playing at all during the season.

I thought Gronk's comment about wanting a time machine so he could be instantly in Florida was funnier.

Tongue in cheek

Not only is he dumb but sucks as an NFL QB... he does not need to be "smart"...

69/51 TD to Int Ratio
Whopping 79.6 QB Rating after 3 years...
11 wins and 34 losses..

If the Jax pick up his 5th year option next year.. $19 Million dollars.. lot of money for a mediocre QB... if they don't some team will overpay for him..

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back