PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam starts but loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bfanlc

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Say Cam starts but loses the first game. Does Mac become the w2 starter? What if Cam goes 1-2 the first 3 games? When does the hot seat for Cam happen?

What if Cam goes 0-0-17? Is it more important he‘s undefeated, or winless? Who would start a playoff game if that got them in?
Had to look up most ties in a season - looks like the standings of the 1st month of hockey. Didn't realize OT was a relatively new (1974) phenomenon for reg season.

If he was 0-0-17 he wouldn't be winless or undefeated if I understand ties correctly.

It depends on how Cam plays in a loss and how Mac looks in practice. If Cam loses a game like the Seattle one last year, he’s starting next week. If he has a total flop, then they’ll look at Mac.

Keep in mind, last year Stidham got opportunities and ultimately the coaches didn’t think he was an improvement over Cam. Hence why he never became starter and got the ultimate vote of no confidence when we drafted a QB first round.

I don’t think we’ll see Mac unless Cam gets hurt or plays very poorly.

It depends on how Cam plays in a loss and how Mac looks in practice. If Cam loses a game like the Seattle one last year, he’s starting next week. If he has a total flop, then they’ll look at Mac.

Keep in mind, last year Stidham got opportunities and ultimately the coaches didn’t think he was an improvement over Cam. Hence why he never became starter and got the ultimate vote of no confidence when we drafted a QB first round.
This is what worries me. We all think Mac is better but what if Bill doesn't?

The only chance of that happening would be, if they bench Cam during the game and Mac comes in and has a perfect game.

Lots of what ifs.. in the world of might have been or might be, it would make sense.. but in the Pats fandom world it is fodder for Sports Talk Radio. They thrive on this type of potential "controversy"...

There is no question as to who won the QB battle. Cam Newton sucks, period.

If he was 0-0-17 he wouldn't be winless or undefeated if I understand ties correctly.

Still wouldn't make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back