PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton explains how he ended up with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back, we shouldn't have been surprised. We ignored Bledsoe was 5-13 as a starter under BB and was extremely ineffective. Brady was 5-3 when he officially won the starting job.
Agree. BB had his second HC gig, and it's pretty clear if he failed he wasn't going to get a third. He had just walked away from being HC of NYJ largely because he knew enough about Woody Johnson to know it'd end badly just like it did with Art Modell. Drew had the big arm, but that was about it. He had been given the nickname 'The Statue' and he'd earned it. I think BB knew if he stuck with Drew he'd have another mediocre season and he'd be out of the coaching business pretty damn quick.
On any other team he's 100% the starter in the same situation...but with BB? I also agree he'll be the starter because he's obviously better than the kid if healthy but who knows what Bill will do. Keeping Brady on the field over the 100m QB took more balls than this would. He wasn't BB yet at that point.
BB had shown he had the balls to get rid of Kosar at that point in time though.

I think all the questions about Cam are valid. Will his feet and knees let him move? Will his shoulder let him throw? Not just training camp, but after a full season? Will he put in the time to learn the Pats offense? Is all this talk about revenge more than just talk? This is a guy who has a big game when it comes to fashion and social media, yet didn't dive for the ball in the Super Bowl.

There are so many ways for this to go wrong and just be a one year flier like all those late career players the Red Sox used to trot out (Tom Seaver anyone?) rather than the start of Dynasty II.

Personally I don't think we'll see Cam a year from now, either because he over performs or under performs. I think the under is more likely, due to either injury or falling short with regard to performance. It very well could be a lost year. Or we very well could see Stid more than most people are thinking we well.

I wish Tom would feel gratitude for the opportunity he has instead of feeling resentment for not being drafted until late round 6. Hopefully he can connect with that soon.
This. I’ll take the guy with a chip on his shoulder and a fire in his belly over the guy who is just happy to be here

Belichick never gives anything to anyone, you have to earn it. Cam has to win the job. I remember 2001, as much as I loved Tom Brady and what he was doing, I was still shocked that when Bledsoe was healthy, he didn’t get his job back. Belichick doesn’t mess around, you have to earn it.
winning helps

You made a pretty crazy claim. Where is the evidence that Newton ever placed himself above the team or acted selfish ?

upload_2020-7-23_12-25-20.png

Make no mistake about it I'm pulling for Cam to do well but he's gonna have to make a lot of changes in order to assimilate into BB's system...

This. I’ll take the guy with a chip on his shoulder and a fire in his belly over the guy who is just happy to be here

What makes you think or assume Stid is "just happy to be here"? If anything its Cam who should he happy to be here. He literally had to take a vet minimum deal, highly incentivized. Stid was the presumed starter just a few weeks ago.

I think you are downplaying the kid's drive and ambition.

There are so many ways for this to go wrong and just be a one year flier like all those late career players the Red Sox used to trot out (Tom Seaver anyone?) rather than the start of Dynasty II...
Apologies for going off-topic, but if Seaver doesn't get hurt, the Red Sox win the 86 WS because he would've been the Game 3 starter instead of the Oil Can...doubt he gives up a lead-off HR to a pre-Juice Dykstra...

I wish Tom would feel gratitude for the opportunity he has instead of feeling resentment for not being drafted until late round 6. Hopefully he can connect with that soon.

This is bullsheet. One of the worst posts I've ever seen.
How the hell do you think Brady became the goat? Or Michael Jordan became the goat? Or any other all-time great athlete?
Those giant trees on Brady and Jordans shoulders had a lot to do with it.
What a lazy-ass take. W/o that competitive fire Brady doesn't reach where he was. We don't have 6 rings.
And he's always been humble and grateful.
Or this another case of a cowardly Boston fan kicking yet another great on the way out the door.
C'mon man you can do better than that.

Apologies for going off-topic, but if Seaver doesn't get hurt, the Red Sox win the 86 WS because he would've been the Game 3 starter instead of the Oil Can...doubt he gives up a lead-off HR to a pre-Juice Dykstra...
Right, and on topic, injury was the issue. None of us knows one way or the other, but I'm having a hard time seeing Cam making it through a season.

View attachment 27883

Make no mistake about it I'm pulling for Cam to do well but he's gonna have to make a lot of changes in order to assimilate into BB's system...

Tom Brady's never wasted time signaling 'first down', or talked trash to opponents.

Got it.

I didn't think Seaver was eligible for the playoff roster.

I didn't think Seaver was eligible for the playoff roster.
Acquired June 30th from the White Sox for Psycho Lyons, so he would've been eligible...damn shame, having Seaver help us break the curse, and vs his former team, would've been sweet.

Tom Brady's never wasted time signaling 'first down', or talked trash to opponents.

Got it.
I'm gonna guess the situation of that example and not the action itself is what he has a problem with but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back