PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call your shot!

alvinnf

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am going on the record with Robert Ayers. Call your shot and enjoy the draft it's been fun reading everything you all had to add.

I say the pats trade up and take Aaron Curry. BB sees what he got out of Mayo in top 10 and thinks he can get the same out of Curry.

Last edited:
I am going on the record with Robert Ayers. Call your shot and enjoy the draft it's been fun reading everything you all had to add.

What exactly are we calling? Who we think the Pats will take at 23? Who we think they are targeting to move up for? Who we think they will end up taking in the first round regardless?

NE pulls offer from the table from Jville. It's a good thing too because Crabtree, Curry and the OTs are off the board. Saints call the Pats wanting to do 23 and 58 for their 14. Deal is done. Pats get Jenkins with 14, Barwin with 34 and best available safety at 47.

"NE pulls offer from the table from Jville. It's a good thing too because Crabtree, Curry and the OTs are off the board. Saints call the Pats wanting to do 23 and 58 for their 14. Deal is done. Pats get Jenkins with 14, Barwin with 34 and best available safety at 47."

This would be great for us.I hope your right.

NE pulls offer from the table from Jville. It's a good thing too because Crabtree, Curry and the OTs are off the board. Saints call the Pats wanting to do 23 and 58 for their 14. Deal is done. Pats get Jenkins with 14, Barwin with 34 and best available safety at 47.

I'd be very happy with that scenario.

Right now I'd like an impact player in the 1st round, Barwin at #34, and a safety at 47 or 58. The impact player could be Curry/Raji/Monroe/ASmith/Crabtree at #8, or Jenkins at #14. Any of those would be fabulous. I'm not a Tyson Jackson fan, but if BB thought he warranted a trade up then that would be fine with me too.

BB gets his man... and his name is Malcolm Jenkins in a trade with NO.....

Book it!:cool:

Pats trade #23 to Panthers for #59 and their 2010 1st round pick

I am thinking we move up to #10 and take Crabtree. (#23 and #47 for #10)

#34 OLB Barwin
#58 Trade to Tampa for a 3rd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010.
#81 OG Levitre
#89 TE Coffman
#97 FS Bruton

I'd be very happy with that scenario.

Right now I'd like an impact player in the 1st round, Barwin at #34, and a safety at 47 or 58. The impact player could be Curry/Raji/Monroe/ASmith/Crabtree at #8, or Jenkins at #14. Any of those would be fabulous. I'm not a Tyson Jackson fan, but if BB thought he warranted a trade up then that would be fine with me too.

I like all the players you mentioned including Jackson.

As much as I know Raji is probably the most NFL ready player in this draft the pick bores me a little. I know that the need is coming because they can't afford Wilfork, Seymour and Mankins.
I just feel like all he is doing is replacing a great player that may may be departing.

A/Smith, E Monroe, nice picks possibly excellent franchise tackles.

Crabtree, Heir apparent.

Curry, love him.

Rey maualuga

I am thinking we move up to #10 and take Crabtree. (#23 and #47 for #10)

#34 OLB Barwin
#58 Trade to Tampa for a 3rd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010.
#81 OG Levitre
#89 TE Coffman
#97 FS Bruton

I have this feeling that Levitre will be a Patriot. Gut feeling for months now.

What about Peppers? Does he figure in this deal anywhere?

He fits somewhere between loud-mouthed malcontent and soul-crushing cap hit. Pats don't shop in that part of town, though I've heard Daniel Snyder owns property there.

I like all the players you mentioned including Jackson.

As much as I know Raji is probably the most NFL ready player in this draft the pick bores me a little. I know that the need is coming because they can't afford Wilfork, Seymour and Mankins.
I just feel like all he is doing is replacing a great player that may may be departing.

A/Smith, E Monroe, nice picks possibly excellent franchise tackles.

Crabtree, Heir apparent.

Curry, love him.

All right, I'll go out on a limb and take a shot at a wild scenario:

- Pats trade #23 and #47 to Jacksonville for #8
- Pats trade #34 and #89 to Carolina for Julius Peppers (who signs the franchise tag at the last minute and signs with the Pats for 6 years at exactly the same deal as James Harrison got)

8 - Aaron Curry, ILB
Julius Peppers, OLB
58 - William Moore, S (or Sean Smith, CB/S)
97 - James Casey, TE
124 - traded for a 2010 3rd round pick
170 - traded for a 2010 4th round pick
199 - Devin Moore, RB
207 - Brandon Walker, OT
234 - Vaughn Martin, DT

Is it going to happen? No. But it could.

Malcom Jenkins*

*Its not what I want, but what I think will happen. The #8 pick losses value when Sanchez is already gone. Left tackle is there, but the cost seems too high. New Orleans is willing to drop down and feel any three of their targets will be there.

He fits somewhere between loud-mouthed malcontent and soul-crushing cap hit. Pats don't shop in that part of town, though I've heard Daniel Snyder owns property there.

LOL! Great comeback response! I love it!

Well ive said about 5433820359 diffrent names so lets go with a new one.....Michael Crabtree.?.

All right, I'll go out on a limb and take a shot at a wild scenario:

- Pats trade #23 and #47 to Jacksonville for #8
- Pats trade #34 and #89 to Carolina for Julius Peppers (who signs the franchise tag at the last minute and signs with the Pats for 6 years at exactly the same deal as James Harrison got)

8 - Aaron Curry, ILB
Julius Peppers, OLB
58 - William Moore, S (or Sean Smith, CB/S)
97 - James Casey, TE
124 - traded for a 2010 3rd round pick
170 - traded for a 2010 4th round pick
199 - Devin Moore, RB
207 - Brandon Walker, OT
234 - Vaughn Martin, DT

Is it going to happen? No. But it could.

Man if the pats get both curry and peppers or even one of them I'd be thrilled.

Who knows, with all that ammunition? I'll say Everette Brown.

He can get after the QB.

Last edited:

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye