PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler the man again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsTeamDoc

Rookie
Reaction score
Long-time stalker...first-time poster. Thanks for the enjoyment through the years.

Just wanted to comment about how Malcolm comes through again at the end of the game with the in-bound tackle on the play before that forces the Steelers into the situation they were in. I didn't see any love thrown his way, but I liken it to the Hightower play against Lynch that put us in the situation to win that SB.

The receiver was running full speed toward the sideline, it was a helluva play to catch him and then drag him down in-bounds.

Yup, he brought Heyward-Bey down before he could score. Great tackle. I'm sure that's been mentioned but he deserves some much deserved recognition for another great play.

Long-time stalker...first-time poster. Thanks for the enjoyment through the years.

Just wanted to comment about how Malcolm comes through again at the end of the game with the in-bound tackle on the play before that forces the Steelers into the situation they were in. I didn't see any love thrown his way, but I liken it to the Hightower play against Lynch that put us in the situation to win that SB.

The receiver was running full speed toward the sideline, it was a helluva play to catch him and then drag him down in-bounds.

"Big play"
20171215-belichick-press-screen.jpg

Malcolm Butler is a great player and someone who makes huge plays that don’t show up in stats all the time. This fact is not lost on me at all. I would hope we find a way to keep him.

It's easy to understand how it got lost in the excitement of the moment, but I said to my kid at the time that it was another big play by Butler. I don't fault the announcers because both teams had to line up fast, but I was surprised that it didn't get more notice this morning or later last night.

He has been making key play after key play dating all the way back to his rookie season. I wish things hadn't become what they are, but he's gone after this season one way or another. That sucks. He epitomizes Patriot from his humble start to what he has made himself. That quality was the cornerstone of those early championship teams especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back