PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building the Patriots Big Board: Tight End

No Michael Roberts, Jonnu Smith?
Don't sleep on Jason Croom as UDFA - BB worked him out..
Higher on Smith than Roberts by about a round. Both good players, don't get me wrong, but this exercise requires some tough decisions. There were just other guys that graded out similar that I liked better or I thought the value of a later round guy was better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hayden Plinke or Tyrone Swoopes in as 7th rounders or udfa.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hayden Plinke or Tyrone Swoopes in as 7th rounders or udfa.

Swoopes is interesting due to his QB background and athleticism, but Plinke is pretty far below average in every testing metric, and doesn't really stand out in any way.

Josiah Price is being overlooked. His not being a Combine invitee was wrong. His numbers speak loudest.

Josiah Price is being overlooked. His not being a Combine invitee was wrong. His numbers speak loudest.

I'd honestly be surprised if he's drafted. He's far more likely to be an UDFA, and he doesn't really show great size, speed, or technique. I don't think he's a bad player or anything, but he's not dynamic, isn't known for his blocking, and struggles to get open against physical man coverage.

. . . now watch the Patriots draft him because he's pretty solid at finding openings against zone, and they think he can be productive. Who knows how it will all turn out? It's a mystery every year.

I'd honestly be surprised if he's drafted. He's far more likely to be an UDFA, and he doesn't really show great size, speed, or technique. I don't think he's a bad player or anything, but he's not dynamic, isn't known for his blocking, and struggles to get open against physical man coverage.

. . . now watch the Patriots draft him because he's pretty solid at finding openings against zone, and they think he can be productive. Who knows how it will all turn out? It's a mystery every year.

At this point, the Pats seem likely to still have 18-19 openings on the 90-man roster after the draft. Price should probably get listed in the UDFA thread.

Which I presume someone will start on Saturday afternoon.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back