PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins vs Chicago (Because it's the Stanley Cup)

I am probably the only Blackhawk/Pat fan that will visit this board, but I am so pumped for this series. This has all the makings of a long series.

Both are well coached, both were on the brink of elimination and escaped. Both are great on the PK. They both go 4 lines deep. They both have goalies are the top of their game. I can't wait. I think it will be a classic.

If the Bs shaky defensemen allow the BHs as many point-blank shots & rebounds as they did aginst PitsDirt,
they will lose.
If the same defensemen turn clearing the puck out of their own zone into one Chinese fire drill after another,
they will lose.
If the Bs forwards are not strong on the forecheck and do not attack the puck as if their lives depended on it,
they will lose.

If, OTOH, the defensmen allow Rask clear looks at shots & eliminate rebounds, and move the puck crisply
& decisively out of their zone and through center ice,
and if the forwards win the battle of the boards & take advantage of the few opportunities they will have,
then the Bs have a chance.

If the Bs shaky defensemen allow the BHs as many point-blank shots & rebounds as they did aginst PitsDirt,
they will lose.
If the same defensemen turn clearing the puck out of their own zone into one Chinese fire drill after another,
they will lose.
If the Bs forwards are not strong on the forecheck and do not attack the puck as if their lives depended on it,
they will lose.

If, OTOH, the defensmen allow Rask clear looks at shots & eliminate rebounds, and move the puck crisply
& decisively out of their zone and through center ice,
and if the forwards win the battle of the boards & take advantage of the few opportunities they will have,
then the Bs have a chance.
the bruins have shaky defensemen? no offense captain but you may be insano.

Anybody here old enough to remember this:

$T2eC16RHJH8E9qSEVnvVBQwB1Zz2t!~~60_35.JPG
D3D7B81BA1ED2BD4F8F387D9B93.jpg

Esposito brothers split on how much Boston-Chicago final means | Hockey | Sports | Toronto Sun

Canadian former professional ice hockey player Phil Esposito salutes as he walks on ice during the starting ceremony for an exhibition ice hockey game to mark the anniversary of USSR-Canada 1972 summit series in Moscow, February 25, 2012. (REUTERS/Grigory Dukor) You would think Phil Esposito, hockey man, might be more than a little pumped that his Boston Bruins are playing his Chicago Blackhawks for the Stanley Cup.

Well, think again.

"You want to know the truth," said Esposito, the fifth-leading goal scorer in hockey history. "This series doesn't mean s*** to me. "I have no feeling for these teams. There's nothing emotional about it. They both got rid of me, traded me. So screw them.

"I didn't choose to leave Chicago. I didn't choose to leave Boston. I signed a contract in Boston for less money than I could have gotten from going to the WHA. I could have made millions doing that. And you know how they repaid me? Three weeks later, they traded me (to the New York Rangers)."

Last edited:
every time we have the puck the BH have 3 guys on us...it is smothering. The BH are getting too many shots on goal so far and we cant muster anything.

what a f'n save

Crawford is coming out from his goal a fair way. It's reminiscent of Thomas' goaltending. I'd throw a few fakes at him to make him commit then fire the shot. Also, put some guys in front of him. The second chance opportunities will come.

Blackhawks trying to pull a pens game 1 and sure enough it is backfiring....

the BH Crawford is starting to give up some rebounds and we will feast on that

update...Lucic left alone in front for a GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the bruins are controlling the tempo of the game. that's huge.

the bruins are controlling the tempo of the game. that's huge.

I thought the first 10 minutes it was fairly even, but the last 10 minutes were definitely controlled by the Bruins.

I have to say that Krejci line seem unstoppable out there. The Bruins are dominating the neutral zone Chicago has to do a better job of zone entry and backchecking in neutral zone or else this won't be a game.

After watching a video on Chicago Tribune and a reporter saying Rask is not that good.....I wonder what he thinks now?

and give one right back

One thing the B's have done well this postseason is answering....lets see if they can get one back here and make it a two goal lead again.

That song Chicago plays after goals is irritating as hell. Nearly as bad as "Sweet Caroline."

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back