Bruins vs Canes

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's time to kick the tires and light the fires. The B's are the healthiest they've been all season.
LET'S GO BRUINS!

ESPN NHL writers pick thr Caines to win 17 to 12.

Last edited:
ESPN NHL writers pick thr Caines to wun 17 to 12.

Vegas has both teams at a minus, Carolina -115 and Boston -105, can't say I've ever seen that

Canes are the better team and showing it. Their defense is suffocating, making it difficult for our stars to put the puck in the net. Hopefully we can get something going in game 2

The Canes are definitely a better team when playing from ahead, hopefully we will get the opportunity to see them playing from behind. Chasing it was what killed the B's chances in the 3rd period of game 1.

Down 3-0 in the second in game 2. Not an ideal start to this series….

Canes are death with a multi goal lead

lots of drama in Game 2. You would have thought the Canes goalie was run over by the Zamboni the way he went down and ripped off his mask. Also, the Canes instigate a scrum and we end up with standing room only in the box. The Canes are beating us in every single facet of the game and its tough to watch. Sweeney might as well put his house on the market because he has assembled a wilting team. Our vets are old for the most part and our young guys are not overly big or skilled. At some point Sweeney has to answer for this team.

lots of drama in Game 2. You would have thought the Canes goalie was run over by the Zamboni the way he went down and ripped off his mask. Also, the Canes instigate a scrum and we end up with standing room only in the box. The Canes are beating us in every single facet of the game and its tough to watch. Sweeney might as well put his house on the market because he has assembled a wilting team. Our vets are old for the most part and our young guys are not overly big or skilled. At some point Sweeney has to answer for this team.
It seems like forever since a Bruins #1 draft choice developed into a better than average player.

It's over
No Fcuking Way is it over. Home ice the next two games. Let's talk tomorrow. If the Canes get up 3-0 then I'll be more inclined to agree, but if the B's get a good break here and there to regain a bit of confidence, then watch out.

I feel like the first game easily could have gone the B's way with a little less bad luck, siht even neutral luck would have made that game a dogfight until the end. Come on B's, LFG!!

No Fcuking Way is it over. Home ice the next two games. Let's talk tomorrow. If the Canes get up 3-0 then I'll be more inclined to agree, but if the B's get a good break here and there to regain a bit of confidence, then watch out.

I feel like the first game easily could have gone the B's way with a little less bad luck, siht even neutral luck would have made that game a dogfight until the end. Come on B's, LFG!!
Bruins have had bad luck vs CAR in 5 games being outscored 26-4 this year and i've seen two of them in person.

Every game has a coulda shoulda. Tuuka in net etc.

We get out-battled every game and wear down.

I'd be shocked if we came back.

Here's to hoping..

Bruins have had bad luck vs CAR in 5 games being outscored 26-4 this year and i've seen two of them in person.

Every game has a coulda shoulda. Tuuka in net etc.

We get out-battled every game and wear down.

I'd be shocked if we came back.

Here's to hoping..

The B's have had some horrific puck luck against the Canes. The Tuukka game was an aberration but the 3-0 game they played in October was memorable for how straight up preposterous the bounces went. That said, when the luck is against against your team that's when you need to play strong to the puck and ratchet up the lane awareness. The Canes are death when they are up a couple, the B's have to fight through to the puck and stop playing from behind.

Given the way the bounces are going I'm going against the general tide of everything I've been hearing with my take. The B's have to up their DEFENSIVE intensity and take care of their own end. Stay strong on the puck in their own end and I believe they can beat Carolina with their transition game. Do that and we'll get the offense we need to make the Canes play from behind for a change. If the B's sell out on offense, like the talking heads want, they'll get handed their heads.

Last edited:

Damn straight LFG!!!
GAME ON!

Coyle's shorty came off of strong board play on the PK. They did a great job keeping Carolina to the outside and being strong on the puck down low, forcing them out of getting the puck clean to the sweet spot between the dots where they've been so deadly.

Canes didn't look so invincible playing from behind, B's got a little sloppy late with the 3 goal lead, they need to stay strong on the boards, those sloppy clears continue to haunt them. Overall they played Bruin hockey at home and got the W even though they got a couple of them, once again the bounces favored Carolina. Just hard to fathom the way the puck so consistently bounces against the B's.

Last edited:
Coyle's shorty came off of strong board play on the PK. They did a great job keeping Carolina to the outside and being strong on the puck down low, forcing them out of getting the puck clean to the sweet spot between the dots where they've been so deadly.

Canes didn't look so invincible playing from behind, B's got a little sloppy late with the 3 goal lead, they need to stay strong on the boards, those sloppy clears continue to haunt them. Overall they played Bruin hockey at home and got the W even though they got a couple of them once again the bounces favored Carolina. Just hard to fathom the way the puck so consistently bounces against the B's.

I was at the game yesterday. My voice is f*cked up from the yelling but was in the lower loge row 2 near the Bruins bench so I saw both of the canes goals very clearly.

Glad the Bruins won but I agree with you. I swear I have never seen the puck bounce or glide that way like it does for the canes.

I was at the game yesterday. My voice is f*cked up from the yelling but was in the lower loge row 2 near the Bruins bench so I saw both of the canes goals very clearly.

Glad the Bruins won but I agree with you. I swear I have never seen the puck bounce or glide that way like it does for the canes.

It's almost like a Twilight Zone level of puck luck, just bizarre. The Canes 1st goal, that puck went to the only spot Trocheck could have swept it in from, wth? All you can do is shake your head but it's maddening.

Last edited:

We could hear you loud and clear. The crowd was amazing. I was bummed that the glass landed on that dude's head (hope he is alright), it took the life out of the crowd for a bit and the momentum seemed to have gone neutral. the B's had to earn it back instead of just riding that energy.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back