PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2018 - 2019 Season

beanpot part 1 tonight. I will be at the Bruins vs Avalanche game sunday

Pasternak out for 2 weeks because of a broken thumb suffered Monday night at a team function; terrific.

Sweeney's hand has now officially become Forced.

So far so good on the west coast trip. Rask was magnificent last night, and Halak pitched a shutout two nights earlier, though he wasn't tested as much as Rask was.

The trade deadline is still 8 days away. Ridiculous. Bettman should get off his ass and move the date up at least one week earlier.

bruins playing great hockey lately. what a game that was tonight. I just pray pasta is ready to go before the playoffs start. I hope Sweeney doesn't make any trades. he sucks at it.

Bruins Acquire Charlie Coyle From Minnesota Wild I liked Donato. sorry to see him go. I think he just needed more time to develop. coyle is a local kid from Massachusetts. at least Sweeney isn't giving up 1st rd picks for less than a half year rental. like they did last year for nash. what a bust that trade was.

Donato, like Kessel, Seguin & Hamilton before him, was apparantly not All-In with the
Jacobs Way. If Sweeney had a pair, he would've sh!t-canned one of his many draft busts - Senyshyn, Zboril, JFK, Lauzon, Frederick etc. - instead of one of the very few yutes who possess actual, you know, talent.

Not a fan of Coyle's declining production, but at least his fairly reasonable contract (3 yrs /$10M) has one more year to go after this one. He'll add some size & decent enough hands to the 2nd line with Krejci & DeBrusk, and should slot nicely into the 3rd line upon Pasternak's return at the end of the month (I hope).

The Bruins pipeline of "prospects" is the most over rated stuff since jamarcus Russell. It's comical.

Glad to see that Sweeney at least didn't have a repeat of last year's atrocity. Not a fan of either Coyle or Johansson, but if they cause useless crap like Frederick, Kuhlman, JFK, Acciari et al to see less (or preferably Zero) ice time, then I suppose the mission has been accomplished. I would love to know what Ottawa & Philadelphia asked from Sweeney in exchange for Mark Stone & Wayne Simmonds respectively.

Glad to see that Sweeney at least didn't have a repeat of last year's atrocity. Not a fan of either Coyle or Johansson, but if they cause useless crap like Frederick, Kuhlman, JFK, Acciari et al to see less (or preferably Zero) ice time, then I suppose the mission has been accomplished. I would love to know what Ottawa & Philadelphia asked from Sweeney in exchange for Mark Stone & Wayne Simmonds respectively.
Vegas gave up 1 good prospect, a scrub prospect, and a second for mark ******* Stone! That is utterly ridiculous! Sweeney should be run out of town. His attachment to his prospects are ludicrous. Especially seeing Bergy, kreji, and marchand getting up there in years. Wasted years.

Vegas gave up 1 good prospect, a scrub prospect, and a second for mark ******* Stone! That is utterly ridiculous! Sweeney should be run out of town. His attachment to his prospects are ludicrous. Especially seeing Bergy, kreji, and marchand getting up there in years. Wasted years.
do you really want Sweeney making trades? the Bruins have a long history of giving up on players too soon. then shipping them out of town for a couple of pucks and a few sticks. then they sit back and watch them play great for other teams.

do you really want Sweeney making trades? the Bruins have a long history of giving up on players too soon. then shipping them out of town for a couple of pucks and a few sticks. then they sit back and watch them play great for other teams.
I want a GM that's willing to make big splashes now, while the window is still open. Chiarelli was the clown who dumped wheeler, and Seguin...those two trades were very poor. Sweeney throws big contracts at washed up players (beleskey, backes) and gives up 1st rounders for garbage (Nash). He has completely mismanaged the talent on this team.

Last edited:
I want a GM that's willing to make big splashes now, while the window is still open. Chiarelli was the clown who dumped wheeler, and Seguin...those two trades were very poor. Sweeney throws big contracts at washed up players (beleskey, backes) and gives up 1st rounders for garbage (Nash). He has completely mismanaged the talent on this team.
i agree. thats why i dont want him making trades. they need a new GM and thats not happening any time soon.

The Tampa goaltender was incredible last night...yet the Bs continued their assault until his resistance was futile. It didn't help him that his teammates were playing their 3rd game in their last 4 nights, the previous 2 of which went to OT/SO. But this is how the Bs beat you: with a forecheck that is Re-Lent-Less. Far cry from the days of the Clod Julien, who would instruct them to dump in the puck past center ice and then make a line change, even with a numbers advantage.

great effort last night! Marchand contiues to amaze me every time i see him play. That one Spin O Ramma thing he did in the 3rd period left me speakless. incredible

Kevin Miller "week-to-week" according to Cassidy with "upper-body" injury. Too bad.

they are playing extremely well even without Pasta. Keep it going!

Looks like they'll have to keep it going without Marcus Johansson as well as Miller, with what is described as a lung contusion that will be re-evaluated in a week. Damn.

Just got back from the game...my GOD THIS TEAM

they have that special factor this year....my god give me playoffs NOW

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots