PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Britt [MAY] re-sign w NE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Corey Coleman isn’t working out :rolleyes:

I think Kenny Britt is a good player and what we heard from him during his time here (very little!) made me think that he was a good team-mate. I'm probably jinxing him saying that ...
I think you're spot on. He just needed to leave the team, get healthy and remove some of the pressure that was on him during camp...self or team imposed pressure. We'll see if he's there.

I think you're spot on. He just needed to leave the team, get healthy and remove some of the pressure that was on him during camp...self or team imposed pressure. We'll see if he's there.
What pressure? If he sucked under pressure do you think he would be here?

They cut him because he wasn't healthy.

To be honest I do wonder if bringing him back has always been in the cards. They knew it was probably an injury he could recover from by week 3 or 4, so they let him go early on and told him to hang tight (assuming someone else didn’t sign him) because if they had a need at WR by then, he’d be back. Obviously they have that need...

I don’t know if that’s the case or not, but either way I definitely would welcome his return. I think he’s a nice fit and he should have a pretty decent grasp on the playbook by now. All reports seemed to indicate he fit in well. A group of Edelman/Hogan/Dorsett/Patterson/Britt plus Coleman developing for late season/next year would be a pretty nice group.

Not particularly surprising and for the Dez thread participants something that was even discussed in there.

The team offered him a contract extension during the offseason and showed a lot of patience during camp.

Hope he is healthy now, it might be exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down