PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking down David Harris' deal with the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree from the larger view, however, what BB sees sometimes is surprising to us of the Nation (not that I need to tell you that RW :))
I agree. Over the years there have been dozens of players he has kept and I was confident he was going to cut and I was completely wrong.

With that said I don't think they would have picked up Harris if the felt confident in Freeny bringing the same contribution

I agree. Over the years there have been dozens of players he has kept and I was confident he was going to cut and I was completely wrong.

With that said I don't think they would have picked up Harris if the felt confident in Freeny bringing the same contribution

Harris is much better than Freeny, and he has been healthy.

IMHO, Hightower, Harris and Van Noy are locks, or very nearly so. We also have Ninkovich and hopefully Rivers.

So, Freeny is competing with McClellan, Roberts, Bates and Langi for backup/ST spots. Freely could also make the roster as a STer, taking a ST spot from say King.

Thanks, as always, Miguel. Harris is an excellent veteran at a good price to rotate with Hightower and Ninkovich. Rookie Derek Rivers is the same size as Harris but has lots to learn coming out of Youngstown State. He couldn't be in a finer group of smart veteran LBs.

Harris reminds me of Tedy Bruschi. Bruschi was durable. Bruschi had good lateral motion to stay out of the wash, knew the job of each front seven position, and did a good job calling the plays in the middle. He was always in the right place, had a nose for turnovers in the short passing game, and could strip the ball.

The battle for the fifth and sixth LB positions will be ferocious. My guess is Roberts and McLellan. Bates and Langi are ILBs which looks awfully crowded right now. Van Noy has a good shot, but is not a lock.

If the Patriots don't get wacked too badly by the injury bug and the OL plays at just a satisfactory level, the 2017 season is looking, ahem, to further exacerbate the NFL's "Patriot Problem" :).

Yep. The NFL is going to have a serious "Patriots Problem" over the next couple of seasons.

I am one of those fans who didn't want 19-0 to be the goal going into the season in recent years, winning #4 and #5 was what I wanted because they ended the GOAT debate. Now however I'm warming up to the idea of a 19-0 season, but winning more Lombardi's is really all that matters, and adding #6 and#7 with Brady matters most of all, especially in2017 and 2018, as they could make it 3 out of 4 this year, cementing another dynasty in the record books, and then be the first team to win 3 in a row, adding a 19-0 season in there would put an exclamation point on all of it, Kind of like a nice big FU to the 30 and their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back