PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd VERY interested in joining the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
LLoyd is okay if he comes in at around 5-6.. But we still need a deep threat.. Lloyd has problems with the Jam and is not that fast.. He wouldn't stretch the field.. While he's better than branch and ocho at this point, we'll still need to address the position in FA or draft..

Last edited:
LLoyd is okay if he comes in at around 5-6.. But we still need a deep threat.. Lloyd has problems with the Jam and is not that fast.. He wouldn't stretch the field.. While he's better than branch and ocho at this point, we'll still need to address the position in FA or draft..
Lloyd isn't a 4.3 guy, but he is a deep threat that would stretch the field. He's tied with Larry Fitzgerald for the most 25+ yard receptions in the NFL the last 2 years with 26. That's behind only Mike Wallace (29) and Desean Jackson (28). 'Next Level' stat on big plays - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

You don't need to run a 4.3 40 to make plays down the field, as Fitzgerald is another guy like Lloyd who isn't a burner but makes plays deep down the field.

New Orleans could lose one of their WR's to free agency, but I think inking Brees has to be their #1 prioity.

Of course NO is going to lose one if not two high draft picks, aren't they. It would only be fair, ain't that right commish??

From the chapter on the combine in Patriot Reign:

When Illinois receiver Brandon Lloyd came in, he was asked why he was choosing to do an online "diary" of the combine. "David thought it was a good idea," he said, speaking of his agent, David Dunn. They nodded. Fifteen minutes later Weis had a one-liner for the road: "Enjoy your writings now, because when we draft you we're going to tell you to shut the f--- up."

Lloyd was at his best under Josh McDaniels. How do you think he'll do under Josh McDaniels with Tom Brady throwing to him, and the field opened up by the likes of Welker, Gronk, and Herndandez?

The dude would be very SMART to sign with the Patriots on the first day elligible!

Then you add one in the draft, and we are looking so good.

In a word, Sign the Beast! :)

P.S. - Yes, I know that was not one word.

Brandon I think is a given and he helps he really does to absolutely blow up the NFL defenses with our passing game we need to get a Mike Wallace or draft a stud, I'm just personally so scared to draft a wide receiver, I honestly think if we do draft we let Josh pick them based on him not wanting Jackson, and drafting, Thomas and Decker.

Either that or if BB doesn't want him. Not trying to be a party pooper or anything but how do we even know Bill is interested in this guy? I know we need an outside threat at WR but maybe Bill has someone else in mind to fill that spot.

pretty sure the Pats inquired about him when Broncos were trading him. So there was some level of interest.

Denver Broncos working to trade Brandon Lloyd - The Denver Post

Trade talks involving Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd were expected to intensify Sunday night.

The San Francisco 49ers appear to be showing the strongest interest in the acrobatic receiver, but the New England Patriots and St. Louis Rams also were in discussions, according to two NFL sources.

pretty sure the Pats inquired about him when Broncos were trading him. So there was some level of interest.

Denver Broncos working to trade Brandon Lloyd - The Denver Post

Trade talks involving Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd were expected to intensify Sunday night.

The San Francisco 49ers appear to be showing the strongest interest in the acrobatic receiver, but the New England Patriots and St. Louis Rams also were in discussions, according to two NFL sources.

Should of got him then

Of course we wants to come here..it's tom mother ******* brady

This isn't no mark sanchez here

I think lloyd will be a patriot...then draft a wr and let ocho/branch fight for a spot

Should of got him then

I thought so too after I found out he was had for just a 5th. Think of all the garbage we've given up a 5th or even more for in the past :(

Not too late though I think he's the cheapest option at a major impact. Of course drafting a stud DE or FS could be but what are the odds of that happening.

career TDs:

Kyle Orton 11
Tim Rattay 8
Ken Dorsey 3
Sam Bradford 3
Tim Tebow 2
Alex Smith 1
Jeff Garcia 1
A.J. Feeley 1
Kellen Clemens 1

Sign the beast at 12:01

We all know Belichick breaks the rules he'll be signed and handed his playbook,
at 11:59.59.:rolleyes:

Watching the Curren interview would love to see him donning a Pats Jersey this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3