PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's new mansion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have a school in mind for the kiddos.
Greenwich - virtually risk free guarantee, 1st class, ultra safe investment

Reinforces my already 99% belief- Tom will either retire, or play with Pats.
Good

He's obviously going to work for the NFL in Manhattan. He'll be one of Rogers boys, who will force him to hand Kraft his punishment. LMFAO

I can legit fit about 10 of my house in that :(

This whole story amuses me to no end. It's obviously click bait for the media, because....Tom Brady.

Things we think we know:
  • Brady is close to retirement - likely in 3 years or sooner
  • Gisele wants him to stop playing before he gets a serious, life infringing injury
  • Gisele's career in fashion dictates that she be closer to NYC or LA
  • Tom's post football career most likely will be in media (commentary or lifestyle)
  • They are selling their Boston mansion
  • They still have a Back Bay apartment - which I am sure is damn nice
  • They purchased a Greenwich mansion
  • The new mansion will probably need to be redone to Tom/Gisele's needs/tastes
  • They will not move into a home that is under construction - they like their privacy
  • Renovations on the scale they want will take at least a year - perhaps longer
  • Tom can easily live in the Back Bay apartment June-January in season
So, IMHO this is just a lot of storm und drung derived from out of town jealousy and hatred of Brady, Belichick, Kraft, the Patriots and their deplorable fans.

In other words, fake news.

They no longer have that Back Bay apartment according to the Boston Globe.

The 42-year-old quarterback and Bundchen are no strangers to residential real estate projects. The New England super couple decamped from their Back Bay condo in 2012 for their Brookline estate, selling the Beacon Street home for $9.2 million.Aug 6, 2019
The Boston Globe › story
Is Tom Brady selling his massive Brookline mansion? - The Boston ...

I don't see why he'd buy a home in Greenwich now while also trying to sell his Brookline house if he's planning to play another year. He just took $5 million off the Brookline asking price. I don't think he's looking to play for another team, but is planning to retire. I can't blame him for that nor not admitting to it and making it a major story and distraction.

That's why I wanted them to trade for another offensive weapon even if it meant using future cap space.

I don't think this is an inane controversy, but I hope I'm wrong.

I agree.

Nope, if the team goes 19 - 0. Brady has 7 rings. Went back to back Super Bowl wins twice. Played in 10 Super Bowls in his 20 year career. 50% of the last Super Bowls had the same QB. What else is there to accomplish?

Another Super Bowl win on a new team? If Brady goes to another team he will be expected to deliver a Super Bowl win that season. Hes had the same offense and head coach for 20 years. How does that work with Brady learning a different offense (not that he cant) or the new team adapting to Bradys offense? New people to work with. The greatest HC in NFL history is no longer on your sideline.

14,862 sq ft heating & cooling carbon footprint plus (Gasp!) acres of lawn!
Not to derail, but this is one of the things I hate most re: celebrities. They come to rural Canada (by plane) and bemoan the seal hunt, the carbon footprint, etc... Paul McCartney, stick to music. One of your concerts makes more of a negative impact than my entire life’s work.

Sorry for the detour,
continue...

14,862 sq ft heating & cooling carbon footprint plus (Gasp!) acres of lawn!
Won’t stop Gisele from self-righteously telling people to participate in that lights-out thing.

Yup, nice house....we're on to the Ravens.

Ive never bought into the "what's left to accomplish?" argument. I think people put what they would do on what they believe Tom is thinking. He wants do keep playing because he can. When he can't or when he doesn't want to is when he stops. It's not based on what we'd do.

They may have a school in mind for the kiddos.
Greenwich - virtually risk free guarantee, 1st class, ultra safe investment

Reinforces my already 99% belief- Tom will either retire, or play with Pats.
Good
I live in Greenwich, back country mansions are anything but safe investments. He better be planning on staying here for the long term because he won't be able to sell that place for anything close to what he paid for it. I had heard he was buying on the water but I guess he chose back country instead

Not to derail, but this is one of the things I hate most re: celebrities. They come to rural Canada (by plane) and bemoan the seal hunt, the carbon footprint, etc... Paul McCartney, stick to music. One of your concerts makes more of a negative impact than my entire life’s work.

Sorry for the detour,
continue...

You have been reported to the authorities.

They forced me to do this and I have no choice if I hope for a lesser sentence.

Tom moves to Greenwich; Vince McMahon lives in Greenwich; TB to retire and join WWE.

So, IMHO this is just a lot of storm und drung derived from out of town jealousy and hatred of Brady, Belichick, Kraft, the Patriots and their deplorable fans.

In other words, fake news.

Sturm und drang (meaning turmoil) is what I think you meant to type. Damn autocorrect!

I am very relieved that such a fine man as Tom, and his family, were able to purchase our guest house.

I've come half circle. For the last N seasons, I was never in the camp that after the next SB Tommy Boy was gonna retire. Now, I'm leaning towards retirement. Even if he had a pad in Boston to stay at, why would he decide to spend late July - early February away from the wife & kids? He's previously mentioned that his change in off season routine has been driven by desire for more family time. I'm good with that.
Eco-wife would never allow public perception of daily helicopter flights to commute from CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back