PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady watching "Lombardi" in Broadway during Jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as somebody who had the pleasure of seeing that play, it really is inspirational. He probably had some Belichickian moments watching it too.
Lombardi was the first guy to convert a college defensive lineman ( Dave Robinson) into an outside linebacker based on his skill set. He urged his players to "do their job"...sound familiar????
I hope somebody asks him about it this week....

Bruschi agrees:

I lived these scenes my entire football playing life, and it was enlightening to witness how other champions of the NFL lived their careers. They accomplished so much in different ways than our teams in New England did, but the essence of how they won was the same: playing for one another, putting the team first.

Everything they did was for one reason: to win a championship. When you win that championship, you are forever linked with that group of men.

After the performance, I thought of Bill Belichick and how lucky I was to be coached by him. Many might see differences between Lombardi and Belichick, but I thought of the endless similarities.

Tedy Bruschi shares his experience in seeing the Broadway play "Lombardi" - ESPN Boston

Last edited:
All I know is that's the worst Colt team I have seen in 10 years. A Pats Colt AFCCG would have probably been the most watched play-off game in NFL history.

Obviously that team was not up to the task.

Bru always gets it, I love reading his stuff.

Prediction: Rex takes his boys on a little field trip to Broadway :rofl:

Bru always gets it, I love reading his stuff.

Prediction: Rex takes his boys on a little field trip to Broadway :rofl:

wrecksie can stop at one of the sex shops along the way and grab some fetish mags!

obviously rex ryan was right. brady doesnt study as much as manning..he is watching a play....:rolleyes:

Wait, wait...did I miss something? Didn't he earn a bye week? Didn't the team earn 4 days off last week because of good practices?

Also, this is no shock, after all, Rex reminded us all last week that Brady doesn't need to study since BB will be showing him what he needs to know. LOL!

I hope he enjoyed Lombardi, and it reminded him of how much he's missed his trophy.

It is Saturday night on a weekend he has off. That is the prime time/night for Broadway...much more of a draw than than Monday 10am show.;)

Wait, wait...did I miss something? Didn't he earn a bye week? Didn't the team earn 4 days off last week because of good practices?

I don't know why you are posting this. There's nothing in the article, or in the OP's post, that suggests that Brady did anything wrong, or that he shouldn't have been at the play, or that he should have watched the game. It was just an observational, entertainment piece, not a criticism of Brady.

Hilarious. Brady ignores the Lombardi braying wannabes and takes Gisselle to the Broadway play about Lombardi. He really does hate the steenkin Jets only watching game film and never for 'entertainment'.

Great 'diss' of the Jets org.

I don't know why you are posting this. There's nothing in the article, or in the OP's post, that suggests that Brady did anything wrong, or that he shouldn't have been at the play, or that he should have watched the game. It was just an observational, entertainment piece, not a criticism of Brady.
I definitely got the impression that the writer of the article was implying that Brady should have been watching the game in order to 'study' the Jets - in other words, he was doing something 'wrong'. If he wasn't trying to suggest that, why would he bring it up at all? Why did he feel the need to bring it up to Jets players and ask them for their thoughts on Brady going to a play rather than watch the game?

As for the OP, I asked the Jets fan who started this thread why he posted it but got no response; my best guess is that he too felt that 'Brady did something wrong' and should have been watching the game, as if doing so would make a difference in next week's game. Why would he, as a Jets fan, start this thread here unless he felt that way?

This play has gotten great reviews and it stars Dan Lauria who played the dad in The Wonder Years. I hope Brady enjoy it.:p

New York Jets' Mark Sanchez sends Peyton Manning home, faces Tom Brady next - ESPN New York

INDIANAPOLIS -- Tom Brady missed a hell of a game. Rather than watch the New York Jets advance into his own backyard, the quarterback of the New England Patriots took in "Lombardi" on Broadway, enjoyed the play with his supermodel wife and did not even bother to leave early to catch the entire second half.

Who cares?? The guy takes in a play with his wife and it's news?
Brady and the Pats will review all the film they need once they know for sure who their opponent is. He is enjoying his freaking day off with his wife. Leave the man alone!

Sarcasm...I know he didn't do anything wrong...sorry if it came across that way.

See Jabba the Gut was right, shouldn't Brady be studying? :rolleyes:

Edwards is as dumb as a rock.....
WR Braylon Edwards (from @DanWetzel)
"I remember what happened [Dec. 6 in a 45-3 Patriots win] but at the end of the day we know we're better than them.

Isn't Edwards the jest player that thought that the pats Might be trying to embarrasse them in the 45-3 game?

Last edited:
I think we should be past the point of questioning anything Brady does. Personally, I love it. It's Tom letting the Jets know they're not worth him watching. Talk about gaining on an already impressive psyche and composure advantage.

In a way, Brady was dissing them. He was in NEW YORK enjoying himself while the Green Beans were in the playoffs away from home. Plus, he wasn't even bothering to watch the game live. :singing:

The entire Dolphins team watched it two days before they beat the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes