PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Takes the High Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wish he'd file the defamation sooner, but it would be a huge distraction. One benefit of it being sooner, if Goodell creates a hostile work environment/retaliation it would only benefit Brady. It would make the NFL* more cautious (one would hope, but probably not) and might even cause them to stay a bit further away (refs, ...)

not to mention it would being telling Goodell, I don't bow to you and I'm going to take you down.

Logistically, there's no reason for him to file a defamation suit until next offseason at the earliest.
  • There are no Statute of Limitation considerations that kick in until 2017 at the earliest.
  • Offseason is a helluva less-bad time to be distracted than season.
  • There will be more data as to the costs of the defamation (business opportunities, etc.) if he waits.
  • There will also be more data about PSI.

I just reread the quote, and focused on the bit where he says he "has a lot of personal feelings" about the mess, but "doesn't care to share" them. Good for him. He's not cross the line into actually saying anything that contradicts his negative view of his treatment; he's just choosing not to talk about it at this time.

Imagine if Brady did bring a case against the NFL* in March 2016 and it got held up in court until early 2017 and his personnel friend President Donald Trump showed up to give him support :D.

The key here: He said "commissioner" and "his job". He did NOT say Goodell, like the headlines paraphrase. He has respect for the position. I think not mentioning Goodell was intentional. You respect the 'office of the presidency', though not necessarily the current clown in office (like Bush).

You should really keep the political comments where they belong. You might also want to turn your clock ahead about 7 years. The current clown in office is OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

The moderators are really going to have to start deleting any posts with political references in them or this forum is going to go completely to sh.t over the next year or so. And they should ban those who do it more than 3 times. There's a political forum for this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes