PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady a ticking time bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tom is like a ticking time bomb waiting in the weeds for that breakout game...Past history suggests that Hall Of Fame QBs in the future or past like Montana,Unitas,Aikman,Manning ect: Rarily have 3 or more bad consecutive games..I feel this weekend is it for Tom and that is not even counting that it happens to be the team that knocked us from the playoffs last year and was arguably Tom's worst throw ever in a BIG meaningful game,No matter what mediocre WR core we have,he is gonna get it done and I expect it this week..I would expect no worse that 280 yards passing with 2 TDs and the running game may be left back a bit in this game,Tom needs it for his confindence and if that means LOMO & Corey do more blocking than running in this game so be it,It will be for the better in the long run..I look for N.E. to top 30 points in this game and Rarily do I say 'Blowout' when referring to the Patriots but I think this game will be one of them...

Agreed NEM, suck mode.

Brady was not bad but definately was not good either...With any great athelete its like fans expecting Caviar for dinner and getting Tuna Fish instead...So far we have had Tuna in the first 2 games even though they were wins,Most pats fans are like me,we are spoiled of success in the past 5 years and expect nothing but greatness to continue and it should...He is a much better QB than what he has shown so far this year and I expect it to erupt this week,as the old saying goes 'You Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

NEM said:
and then Josh McDaniels went into suck mode with the play calling.

The suck mode was when he started calling all that play action, heave the ball 40 yards downfield on a post pattern nonsense.

Totally insane with a 24 point lead and a potent run game. The doctor ordered long, slow clock killin' ball control drives. Brady and McDaniels got greedy and started inviting stupid turnovers: the only thing that could cost them the game.

With a 24 point lead, run the damn ball and punt 'em deep. If you want to mix in a few chintzy dink n' dunk passes to keep the defense honest, fine. But, don't turn into an interception and strip sack machine calling plays like you are DOWN by 24 at the half. What were they thinking?

Thank goodness.

I thought this was another Brady hates the team, is washed up, can't live without little neon etc. thread.:D

This week is Denver? Week 3, the Pats will get it done.

Btw tuna is good, Brady will either be there or not. It's his choice, time to step up or be elsewhere. This game will be Brady's legacy, in some part.

Lost all my friends but I'll survive. Yup Brady is a pro me thinks.

In all seriousness Denver is a pivital game for the Pats.

If we lose we might make the post season, if we win, we might make the SB.

It's all mental, and you can't coach that. You have it or not. jmo

RayClay said:
Thank goodness.

I thought this was another Brady hates the team, is washed up, can't live without little neon etc. thread.:D
I was thinking the same exact thing. I was all pumped up until I read the actual post.

I don't think it's going to be a sudden break out. More like a gradual progression as he gets in tune with 3 new receivers. By the end of the year, this offense will be hitting on all cylinders going into the playoffs

I thought this was another dime store psychobabble thread too...

Tom hasn't lost all his friends, just a couple. But he's making new friends. Didn't notice it til I watched the replay on NFLN but after Koolaid scored his TD the first guy heading for him was the QB and the kid jumped into his arms for a man hug.

Tommy won't have a break out game, but the balanced offense will sooner or later. As long as they are good to go in week 19...

I think the first two weeks were about adjustments and keeping things pretty vanilla, they should have won these games.. this week I suspect that there will be better acclimation by the WR's as to what is expected in their routes, the game plan will be different and Brady will have a very good game. He has dwelled on this since last January, he seems to play to the level of competition... as do all the Patriots.

I dont think this is the week that Brady goes off. This week you'll see a alot of Dillon and Maroney. The Broncos are near the top of the league in pass defense while near the bottom in rush defense, giving up 135 yards a game. The Pats are going to shove it right down their throat.

hwc said:
The suck mode was when he started calling all that play action, heave the ball 40 yards downfield on a post pattern nonsense.

Totally insane with a 24 point lead and a potent run game. The doctor ordered long, slow clock killin' ball control drives. Brady and McDaniels got greedy and started inviting stupid turnovers: the only thing that could cost them the game.

With a 24 point lead, run the damn ball and punt 'em deep. If you want to mix in a few chintzy dink n' dunk passes to keep the defense honest, fine. But, don't turn into an interception and strip sack machine calling plays like you are DOWN by 24 at the half. What were they thinking?

I don't know what they were thinking either. But one thought did come to mind. Maybe, with what they were seeing in pass coverage all day, this was an opportunity to get their passing game some exposure(no pun intended)!
I wouldn't underestimate the value of real game time situations for our QB and his new WR's.

Facts are such HORRIBLY inconvient things. Gosh.

The first Patriots drive in the 3rd quarter can't have been much of a problem in terms of play calling since it ended in a TD.

The second drive started with 3 running plays. Hmmm. Running plays. Who knew.
The last play of the second drive was a play action pass. PLAY ACTION ?? Who knew.
Brady had all of the time in the world. When he threw the pass, there wasn't a Jet within 5 yards of him. He just underthrew the ball. Maybe they should just take away the long fly passes from the playbook because of Brady's inability to complete long passes.

The third drive started with a 14 yard completion to Brown.
Then a toss to Dillon for 2 yards.
2nd and 8. Brady missed Brown badly low and outside on a 21 yard out to Brown who was nicely open. For some reason, the CB had been playing off of Brown. One pass worked great. One didn't.
So 3rd and 8. Passing down I would think everyone would agree ? This was the shotgun blindside hit and fumble.

The fourth drive ? Was successful to get within short field goal range and chewed up 8 minutes of clock. Don't see how you can fault the play calling very much on that one. Not only that, but the last 3 plays that STALLED the drive were 3 consecutive RUNNING PLAYS that only totalled 9 yards.

I won't list the plays for that 4th drive, but Dillon got one first down on a 10 yard run on 1st down. But what kept the drive alive were two short passes for 1st downs on 3rds and 5 when 1st and 2nd downs got only 5 yards total running. Plus those two, there were two other 1st downs made on short passing plays. So four first downs on short passing plays. The drive stalled when they called a running play on 3rd and 5 and got only 4 yards.

What were those problems on play calling again ?

The only thing that bothers me is that Rex Grossman has a higher QB rating!

Otherwise I'm happy :)

Willie55 said:
I dont think this is the week that Brady goes off. This week you'll see a alot of Dillon and Maroney. The Broncos are near the top of the league in pass defense while near the bottom in rush defense, giving up 135 yards a game. The Pats are going to shove it right down their throat.

Right! The Pats will be a throwing team when they need to be and a running team when they need to be. The two strengths of the Pats over their incredible (and continuing) run are their depth and adaptability. Opposing teams do not know what they'll see despite all the film they watch...and that's a credit to the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents