PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne is WR1

I think Bourne could have a year similar to 2021. I was also impressed with his block against the packers. That type of play will keep him on the field.

I can't blame Bourne for not being all in on the offensive... "situation" last year, but it also didn't help that every time he got a chance to come in the game he had a drop or a false start. I'm glad things seem to have been sorted out, because he's really good when his head is in the right place (and he's actually being coached to succeed).

I can't blame Bourne for not being all in on the offensive... "situation" last year, but it also didn't help that every time he got a chance to come in the game he had a drop or a false start. I'm glad things seem to have been sorted out, because he's really good when his head is in the right place (and he's actually being coached to succeed).
Cooper Kupp has said he’s more talented than him.

Cooper Kupp has said he’s more talented than him.

Not really my point. And players pump each other up all the time. Doesn't mean they should have just forced Bourne into a more critical role despite his struggles. Like I said, I don't blame him for thinking, "WTF!?" for a lot of last year, but he didn't play well enough to force their hand either.

Not really my point. And players pump each other up all the time. Doesn't mean they should have just forced Bourne into a more critical role despite his struggles. Like I said, I don't blame him for thinking, "WTF!?" for a lot of last year, but he didn't play well enough to force their hand either.
He made a few big impact plays last season when we needed them the most.
I remember us all going nuts cause he would make a big play then be on the bench the next 10 snaps:
It’s hard to hold anything against Bourne last season.

Bourne is the most complete, versatile receiver they have. Dynamic with the ball in his hands, quick, good on contested catches, and now showing greatly improved strength. He may not have one elite trait but he’s very good at everything. I think if used full time he could be a 1,000 yard 8 TD receiver, which isn’t much of a hot take considering his 2021 numbers.

I have the feeling a lot of the dropsies issue had to do with underutilizing him. When you are not getting the reps in practice or in games, your form can get a little sloppy. Just a theory.
Agree, most guys need to get into a rhythm. Which, on a side note, is what still impresses me about Amendola's time here. He wasn't always a focal point of the offense, but he made clutch, difficult catches when we needed them. Rare quality.

Bourne is WR1 actually for us. I am worried about JuJu . Is he going to be next agholor / Jonnu?

It's time to just throw caution to the wind, and birth the hottest of takes on the public dais.

Why not Bourne as our WR1?
While Parker & JuJu come with the higher price tag, and the more established history of production, that means nothing in the "what are you now" NFL.
As all Patriot fans know, the "nobodies" or "underdogs" are the guys that become the heartbeat of THIS team.
Now, the facts - Bourne is faster and quicker than Parker & JuJu. Bourne has a cleaner injury history than both of those guys.
Bourne has shown more fight and passion in the preseason, while Parker & JuJu have been nearly invisible.
Parker can muscle over contested catches, and sideline comebacks, but is that a given? Is that an every game, every down, reliance?
JuJu has YAC ability, but that requires a burst to create space that we haven't seen yet. Certainly not on Saturday night.
Parker and JuJu are bigger guys that are prototypical possession (#2) receivers.
With Meyers gone, who else will be Mac's go-to WR? The answer was revealed in Green Bay - it's Bourne.
Time to just embrace it. He's earned the shot.
I've been on the KB train since he signed here. He's just a patriots type of player, gets open, runs great routs, knows how to use his body, great hands and great report with Mac. We all know how he was outcast last season.. this season he seems primed to reach the success he had in 2021. I feel that he is very much Mac's go to guy. We may not have chase or Higgins on the outside but Bourne is a guy that will at least command the respect of a teams #1 CB. That's all you need. Ok if sauce or Ramsey want to cover KB that's great for all our other guys. Then Parker or juju get favorable match ups. Once we get to week 1 where BOB has game planned and schemed up things wich always starts with Rham. He will allow those safeties to play up so KB can do work.

If Bourne put up a great season Patricia should be fired even coaching for other team whatever the hell he is right now

Bourne will have the best stats of our receivers this year imo. It was pretty clear in the preseason game he gets open the best and is our most explosive guy.

He's a guy who can actually make plays. And for some reason Bill doesn't really like him. Was the one to be cut if they got Hopkins, the doghouse last year. And we extended parker instead.

Bourne will have the best stats of our receivers this year imo. It was pretty clear in the preseason game he gets open the best and is our most explosive guy.

He's a guy who can actually make plays. And for some reason Bill doesn't really like him. Was the one to be cut if they got Hopkins, the doghouse last year. And we extended parker instead.
Don’t confuse clickbait from media hacks and internet keyboard warriors with actual facts. The talk about trading Bourne was pure speculation. Bill actually seems to like Bourne, just not enough to undercut MattyP by siding with Bourne last year. Notice that as soon as the coaching staff changed Bill has been talking up Bourne.

I feel like I am in the minority here but I think we have plenty of pass-catching options/playmakers on this roster.... The potential of Bourne reverting to his prior self and the emergence of Boutte/Douglas the big reason for that.

Parker/JuJu/Bourne/Douglas/Boutte + Gesicki/Henry + Stevenson/Elliot + Marcus Jones "Wild Card" plays.

Not really counting Thornton, which may not be fair, but don't see him being a huge part of offense this year - maybe an overreaction but I'm entitled to that.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back