PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges' source on AD: Marvin Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is basically fourth hand information.

classic misinformation campaign to drive down interest and price in a FA only to swoop in and grab them at a relative bargain.

Noting that he had been telling many sources the same thing, what would Lewis's motivation to badmouth AD be?

Of course, its worth noting that AD wasn't a starter under Lewis, having played as a backup and special teamer for the first 4 years of his contract - then once Lewis leaves for the Bengals AD all of a sudden has a major coming out - kindof doesn't make Lewis look like the defensive genius he likes to be portrayed as

So Lewis could also be trying to justify why AD wasn't someone he started when at Baltimore

This is basically fourth hand information.

Fourth hand or not, PFT has gotten stories right before ESPN or AP have even mentioned them. PFT has called them out in those situations too, when ESPN or AP doesn't even give credit to PFT for breaking the story.

Why did Rumor Mill become Garbage Mill in your post?

I agree, Rumor Mill is most certainly a misnomer! But Garbage Mill is even worse.

PFT pulls together media reports from across the country into one central source that is supplemented with sources from all different teams.

Do you see how often Florio quotes agents that e-mail him? Do you see how often he quotes Greg Aiello, the NFL Spokesman, who e-mails him on different rule changes?

He has a legitimate media outlet. It is in many ways better than the others out there. He appears to have plenty of league sources, and as he said, almost a million page views just yesterday. It's a one man operation, but with 69 different stories on Friday, it was only a matter of time - today, in fact - that he is asking for intern help.

Last edited:
Fourth hand or not, PFT has gotten stories right before ESPN or AP have even mentioned them. PFT has called them out in those situations too, when ESPN or AP doesn't even give credit to PFT for breaking the story.

Why did Rumor Mill become Garbage Mill in your post?

I agree, Rumor Mill is most certainly a misnomer! But Garbage Mill is even worse.

PFT pulls together media reports from across the country into one central source that is supplemented with sources from all different teams.

Do you see how often Florio quotes agents that e-mail him? Do you see how often he quotes Greg Aiello, the NFL Spokesman, who e-mails him on different rule changes?

He has a legitimate media outlet. It is in many ways better than the others out there. He appears to have plenty of league sources, and as he said, almost a million page views just yesterday. It's a one man operation, but with 69 different stories on Friday, it was only a matter of time - today, in fact - that he is asking for intern help.

I'll drop it after this. I find it annoying that he states things as facts with exclamation points, then buries "mights and maybes" in the text.

I don't blame people for quoting them as facts. That's why when I see rumormill in the url, I immediately start looking for another source.

I don't like to be tricked with misleading headlines.

I'll drop it after this. I find it annoying that he states things as facts with exclamation points, then buries "mights and maybes" in the text.

I don't blame people for quoting them as facts. That's why when I see rumormill in the url, I immediately start looking for another source.

I don't like to be tricked with misleading headlines.

I don't think he's ever used an exclamation point in any of his titles.

He uses question marks because a lot of what he posts isn't official just yet. A lot of it is analysis. Isn't that what good journalists are supposed to do (not turn "educated" speculation into fact?")

Again, the whole "rumormill" is a completely misnomer.

If you seriously want to turn away just because it has "rumormill" in the URL, that's your decision. But as someone who is pretty much addicted to the site as a central news source, you are making a mistake. Trust me.

Which of his headlines have been misleading?!?!

Last edited:
The sad thing here is that someone is actually wasting time trying to find Borges NFL North executive source. When it ends up being the equipment boy still high from some left over Bengal weed, we'll be sorry we gave any time to Borge's latest garbage.

Two observations:

1. The unnamed source was highly complimentary of Baltimore's defensive coaching, especially its defensive coaching of a few years ago.

2. Thomas didn't blossom as a player until after Lewis left Baltimore.

Regardless of source, I think some of the concerns are real. I tend to be concerned about getting guys from stacked systems.

What gives me confidence, however, is that if Thomas could not set an edge and was not right for the Pats 3-4, BB would have seen that on film and in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back