PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill taking it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This is good to hear. Nice to see Coach a little more relaxed.

September 17th, 2007
Belichick has that glow
Posted by John Tomase at 12:22 pm

A very chipper Patriots head coach Bill Belichick met the media today, still basking in his team’s dominating 38-14 victory over the Chargers. He was feeling so good, he even retold one of his favorite stories when asked if he could recall another player the size of Adalius Thomas outracing a pair of wide receivers to the end zone, as Thomas did on a 65-yard interception return.

“It’s not exactly the same, but the first thing I thought of was Lawrence Taylor on the goal line against the Lions,” Belichick said. That day, the Giants Hall of Fame linebacker raced 100 yards untouched for a score, accelerating all the way to the end zone.

“He kept looking over his shoulder and seeing shadows of himself,” Belichick said. “He thought someone was chasing him.”

In other news, Belichick once again thanked the fans for their support, which included a standing ovation during introductions. “The fan support was terrific,” he said. “I was really touched by their support.”

And now for the rest …

* Belichick declined to address questions about Commissioner Roger Goodell requesting more videotape, other than to say he will comply.

* He praised the look backup receiver Bam Childress gave in practice, mimicking LaDainian Tomlinson.

* He discussed the ability Randy Moss gives to keep seven men in protection while running a pattern as the only receiver, as he did on one of his touchdowns last night.

* Following up on the first point, Belichick had the look of a man who believes he has put Cameragate behind him. He wore shorts, sandals and looked so relaxed, colleague Karen Guregian jokingly referred to him as, “Beatnik Bill.”

i'm happy that Bill acknowledged the fans...i dont care if he doesnt talk about the commish, dont care if he talks about mangini, dont care if he says anything at all about the camera, as long as he lets us know that he appreciates us...thats good enough for me.

I think they misinterpreted the shorts and sandals - clearly Belichick had to sell his better clothes on ebay to pay the $500K fine.

Seriously, it's good to hear that he doesn't seem too uptight about any other issues or allegations.

I love you, Bill.

He's on cloud nine and he should be. They just hammered the Chargers, his players showed their support with their level of play, the Captains group hung, and his HF QB standing in front of all the media and basically calling them uninformed morons. Once Tom said he'd never ever recieved a defensive call into his helmet during a game, it was over !!! At least for me !

“The fan support was terrific,” he said. “I was really touched by their support.”

So much for BB being a guy who is above everybody and everything else and doesn't give a crap about anyone else but himself...

I think they misinterpreted the shorts and sandals - clearly Belichick had to sell his better clothes on ebay to pay the $500K fine.

Seriously, it's good to hear that he doesn't seem too uptight about any other issues or allegations.

I love you, Bill.
hes a great caoch and a good guy, the only problems hes ever had are with the stupid media, and it continues

I love you, Bill.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am so happy to hear the players and fans rallying around Bill. This guy is the victim of a character assassination.

Like his team, his fan base needs to start taking their lead from their leader.

Today is to bask in the glow of beating the snot out of the incredibly talented :rolleyes: SD Superchargers. Tomorrow it's on to the ever dangerous :rofl: Buffalo Bills...

Everything else is just noise. Block it out, don your blinkers or flak jackets, load up on the Cymbalta, whatever it takes to insulate you from the distracting noise, and focus on football.

Even reacting to those who desire to continue or expand the distraction is just wasting valuable energy. Like Bill said, it takes two to argue. And nothing gets the media's attention faster that being ignored. The fan base and this board need to start coming to terms with the fact that this thing is going to run a course that none of us can alter or impact. Ignoring it would be the best use of the fans time doing forward.

I'm watching today's presser. Jeez, these vultures just do not let up.

He's on cloud nine and he should be. They just hammered the Chargers, his players showed their support with their level of play, the Captains group hung, and his HF QB standing in front of all the media and basically calling them uninformed morons. Once Tom said he'd never ever recieved a defensive call into his helmet during a game, it was over !!! At least for me !

I thought this last night listening to Brady's press conference - they are going to let Brady answer the questions about spygate so that no one else has to do so.

WE LOVE YOU TOO BB!! :rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back