PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill plans to write a book

I don't know why people hate Bob Kraft so much. Maybe for some, there needs to be a bad guy. There needs to be that black and white, good and evil dynamic when it comes to fandom. It's really shades of gray but people don't want to see it that way. There needs to be that boogyman out there when some can pin their frustrations (both real and imaginary).
People don’t “hate” Bob Kraft. They simply recognize better now what some of us understood for quite a while. While he is a brilliant businessman and we admire him for his many successes, and deeply appreciate his bold actions to keep the Patriots in New England, and know that in some ways he is a “mensch,” he is also a “mamzer” (a mamzer is someone who is phony who is clever at dishonestly turning things to his own advantage) and it’s a major turnoff in the aftermath of the way things went these past several years.

People don’t “hate” Bob Kraft. They simply recognize better now what some of us understood for quite a while. While he is a brilliant businessman and we admire him for his many successes, and deeply appreciate his bold actions to keep the Patriots in New England, and know that in some ways he is a “mensch,” he is also a “mamzer” (a mamzer is someone who is phony who is clever at dishonestly turning things to his own advantage) and it’s a major turnoff in the aftermath of the way things went these past several years.
I think some people need someone to blame for the Dynasty ending and since Bob is the only one still here, he's an easy target.

Last edited:
He's done. He's seen the writing on the wall. The league has changed. Smart move, I'm sure it'll be a best seller.
Agreed, if he's not coaching at 73, he won't be coaching at 74. To your point league absolutely has changed. Hard nosed coaching is now a thing of the past.

Bobby hoping Bill doesn’t discuss any spa stories.

GIF by Got Talent Global

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. It’s one reason why I hope he’s done coaching so he can get started.

If it's a football nerd book, I don't think it would sell that much, would it? Would love to read it if Pats related.

Disagree. Winning rules everything. Hard nosed coaching did not magically stop working when the clock hit 2020.
It stopped when team lawyers had to magnate their players social justice initiatives.

So one guy he gained generational wealth from in RK, another he drafted, brung up under his tutelage as a coach and even vouched for to become a HC... he's to skewer... interesting..
He worked for this....he does not owe him anything. If they have another part to their relationship that should ba a separate discussion.

I don't know why people hate Bob Kraft so much. Maybe for some, there needs to be a bad guy. There needs to be that black and white, good and evil dynamic when it comes to fandom. It's really shades of gray but people don't want to see it that way. There needs to be that boogyman out there when some can pin their frustrations (both real and imaginary).
I don't think there would be nearly as much Kraft hate if he had just moved on after Belichick. But with The Dynasty, the anti-BB stories leaked or planted in the Boston press and Mayo & Wolf taking digs at BB it looks like an orchestrated smear campaign directed by Robert & Johnathan Kraft.

I know BB wasn't everyone's favorite. But he is revered by a large majority of Patriots fans.

Edited to add an interesting (although crotchety) podcast on the Kraft hate

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST