PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Gives Glowing Praise of Patrick Chung

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Patrick Chung has 3 rings and is the first player in NFL history to enter the league and make 11 straight playoffs.
------
"Belichick’s statement was especially effusive, calling Chung one of the best players he’s ever coached...."

"Patrick Chung is a special person and player, one of the pillars of our program and truly in the upper echelon of the many greats I have had the privilege to coach,” Belichick said. “It all stems from his passion for the game and tone-setting, team-first attitude. Pat’s combination of toughness, intelligence and versatility was exceptional and it enabled him to perform more roles than most any player I have ever seen.

“In any setting, whether in the locker room, in meetings, on the practice field, during games and in the biggest moments, Pat was everything a coach could want. It is no accident that his teams competed for championships virtually every year of his Patriots career. I applaud him for a remarkable career and am grateful for all he did for me and our organization.”

He's always liked Chung.

It's rare Bill takes blame for a draft pick that doesn't pan out. In fact, I think this is the only pick where Bill publicly stated he takes blame for Chung not playing well during his first stint as he was out of position at FS. He came back in 2014, played SS and played like the guy we had hoped for back in 2009.

He's always liked Chung.

It's rare Bill takes blame for a draft pick that doesn't pan out. In fact, I think this is the only pick where Bill publicly stated he takes blame for Chung not playing well during his first stint as he was out of position at FS. He came back in 2014, played SS and played like the guy we had hoped for back in 2009.

I blame zero-press-corners, can't-stop-3rd-down Dean Pees. Belichick was really hands off on the defense when Pees was here.

Last edited:
I blame zero-press-corners, can't-stop-3rd-down Dean Pees. Belichick was really hands off on the defense when Pees was here.
2006-2009 saw many late game collapses with that D. The all out blitz he called in the 2007 Super Bowl was a panic move and I covered my eyes the moment Eli chucked up that lay up to Burress. I was praying for an overthrow. He was rightfully let go.

2006-2009 saw many late game collapses with that D. The all out blitz he called in the 2007 Super Bowl was a panic move and I covered my eyes the moment Eli chucked up that lay up to Burress. I was praying for an overthrow. He was rightfully let go.
I love BB, but I dislike it when all the blame is put on his coordinators. BB selected the groceries and they were terrible produce that stunk.

I love BB, but I dislike it when all the blame is put on his coordinators. BB selected the groceries and they were terrible produce that stunk.

It's true. He selects the groceries. Drafting Laurence Maroney because Ben McDaniels was his running backs coach, that is BB's flaw that he listens to the wrong people. We drafted great from 2009-2012 when a different set of people were around BB

Pees was underwhelming. I was glad to see him leave. But the 07 Superbowl was a failure on the offense.

Pees was underwhelming. I was glad to see him leave. But the 07 Superbowl was a failure on the offense.
At the risk of picking at a old wound, it was a team loss. Couldn't make the stop against Eli freakin Manning when they needed too, couldn't move the ball they way they wanted too. In love with the deep pass with 30 seconds to go with 3 timeouts instead of taking intermediate middle stuff that was there. The whole thing just sucks.

I don't know. There was such a drastic difference in game calling when Flores took over vs what Patricia/Pees were calling.

You can blame your boy McDaniels as he admitted he was thrown off by Spagnolo's game plan and couldn't figure out a way to adjust to it. In addition, I do think Brady's ankle has been overlooked as he could barely move in the pocket.

While the offense s*** the bed, they did take lead with less than 3 minutes left in the game. And despite the D holding the Giants to 10 points until that point, they blew a lot of opportunities to at least give their O a chance for more field goals. As seen as early as the 1st few drives of the game, Eli threw 3 potential picks which the D could only get one. Eli was really bad early on and the moment was clearly too big for him. Then there was the Pierre Woods fumble recovery in Giants territory that was wrestled away from that midget RB. While the refs not seeing that was a major blunder, Bill completely blew it by not challenging it. Now we're back to the last Giants possession of the game. The D knew the Giants had to score a TD and it was obvious passing situations. They dropped two more game clinching INT's and then Samuel went day dreaming leaving Harrison out to dry. And yes, there were a ton of s*** that should've happened on that play that should've been called (obvious holding and the in the grasp). Had Samuel stayed with his man, Eli is most likely sacked and it's 4th and 15. Then Peas called his freak out zero blitz.

You can blame your boy McDaniels as he admitted he was thrown off by Spagnolo's game plan and couldn't figure out a way to adjust to it. In addition, I do think Brady's ankle has been overlooked as he could barely move in the pocket.

While the offense s*** the bed, they did take lead with less than 3 minutes left in the game. And despite the D holding the Giants to 10 points until that point, they blew a lot of opportunities to at least give their O a chance for more field goals. As seen as early as the 1st few drives of the game, Eli threw 3 potential picks which the D could only get one. Eli was really bad early on and the moment was clearly too big for him. Then there was the Pierre Woods fumble recovery in Giants territory that was wrestled away from that midget RB. While the refs not seeing that was a major blunder, Bill completely blew it by not challenging it. Now we're back to the last Giants possession of the game. The D knew the Giants had to score a TD and it was obvious passing situations. They dropped two more game clinching INT's and then Samuel went day dreaming leaving Harrison out to dry. And yes, there were a ton of s*** that should've happened on that play that should've been called (obvious holding and the in the grasp). Had Samuel stayed with his man, Eli is most likely sacked and it's 4th and 15. Then Peas called his freak out zero blitz.

Great points. I hear ha.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back