PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick article

So you can't respect him as a man who does good things unless he has a winning record every year?

He has never respected him, he claimed years ago that he could run the Patriots better than Belichick. And he wanted Bledsoe and his “ big arm” over the noodle armed back up Brady. He never forgave Belichick for trading Bledsoe.

All these BB feel good stories seem kinda hollow without real wins as back up. Buffalo has owned the Pats since Brady left. The Bengals passed for 375 yards in their victory vs the Pats. Used to be that great QBs got shut down vs NE. Top WRs were basically invisible the whole day.

Like Rex Ryan, the ranking of BBs defense is what's most important anymore. Thats where all the energy has gone to keep up appearances. No post season wins, but did you see that DVOA? Rex ignored the offense when he was HC and lo and behold, look at the 2022 NE offense. What a joke.
Triumph, the kid who **** in the pool.

All these BB feel good stories seem kinda hollow without real wins as back up. Buffalo has owned the Pats since Brady left. The Bengals passed for 375 yards in their victory vs the Pats. Used to be that great QBs got shut down vs NE. Top WRs were basically invisible the whole day.

Like Rex Ryan, the ranking of BBs defense is what's most important anymore. Thats where all the energy has gone to keep up appearances. No post season wins, but did you see that DVOA? Rex ignored the offense when he was HC and lo and behold, look at the 2022 NE offense. What a joke.
Defense has no post season wins?

Obviously you forget Super Bowl LIII. Patriots 13. Rams 3.

Patriots held a Super Bowl opponent to one frigging field goal!?!? And you dismiss their defense as having no post season wins? Lulz.

And you wonder why you're met with derision and hostility.

That isn't remotely close to what was being stated. But then, you take offense when people take you to task when you post garbage.
I think you have me confused with someone who cares what you think.

Case and point...

how did ordway put it? thanks for making my point for me..
The objective now is to get Stevie Belichick some HC interviews.

It is undeniable that Bill Belichick is one of, if not the greatest, football coach of all time.
A massive puff piece isn't willing to name him the GOAT HC. Interesting. Even I conceded he's at least in the top 4 all time.

He has an uncanny ability to be ahead of trends
Like deferring in OT. Oh wait, that never caught on. Or worked.

and, at least on defense, understand positional value better than anyone.
Really? Based on what? The great drafts over the past decade? Letting Brady walk for nothing?

At least the writer had the good sense to say "at least on defense." Considering the hall of shame receivers Belichick has drafted.

Don Shula has the most wins ever for an NFL Head Coach at 328, but Belichick is slowly chipping away at that number and currently sits at 298 wins.
"Slowly" being the key word. Is this the motto for the 2023 Patriots?: slowly chipping away at Shula

Belichick will even change it up against certain QBs. In his matchups with the Dolphins, Belichick saw three different QBs: Tua Tagovailoa (x37 dropbacks), Skylar Thompson (x25), and Teddy Bridgwater. Against Tua, the Patriots heavily favored middle-of-the-field-closed (MOFC) coverages, constituting ~78% of their calls. The split was more even when playing Thompson, with 56% MOFC and 40% Cover 2. Lastly, when taking on Bridgewater, the Patriots ran a diverse mix of middle-of-the-field-open (MOFO) coverages on ~55% of the snaps and MOFC (primarily Cover 3) on ~40%. Molding a defense to counter the QB is what Belichick is a master at.
This is great! The example the writer goes to for BB's "mastery" is vs the Miami Dolphins. Week1 lost to Miami... Tua had a 104.4 passer rating. The kill shot was Tua to Waddle for a 42-yard TD on 4th-7 with 18 seconds left in the half. Then the week 17 matchup at Foxboro when Miami was already riding a 4-game losing streak and without Tua. We (barely) beat Teddy Bridgewater and Skylar Thompson (who got his first career TD pass of which there certainly won't be many). Again, Teddy Bridgewater and Skylar Thompson. Why didn't the writer instead pick an opponent Belichick beat with at least a decent quarterback. Oh that's right, there wasn't one.

I think you have me confused with someone who cares what you think.

Nope. But that's the beauty of a message board. People can respond and give their opinions on your posts.
Don't like it, well, you have many options...

eh, whatever
Its the reason why the NE defense will always be top tier.

Patricia got a HC gig. Mangini got a HC gig. RAC got a HC gig. Before BB hangs up the whistle, Stevie will at least get HC interviews if not a job running his own show.

Its the reason why the NE defense will always be top tier.

Patricia got a HC gig. Mangini got a HC gig. RAC got a HC gig. Before BB hangs up the whistle, Stevie will at least get HC interviews if not a job running his own show.
steve wont leave until his father does.

Let us both hope that wont be for at least a few more years.

You're no day at the beach sunshine.

Coming from the most miserable person on this site I’ll take that as a compliment. Now, go scream at the kids walking by your lawn.

And here's quite a different face of Belichick - Jim Brown comments:

Brown: I don't compare myself with anyone. Let me tell you about
someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots
has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any
black athlete in modern times--financially, intellectually, every
way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in
my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland [where Belichick
coached the Browns from 1991 to '95]. He's put up money. He's
opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very
strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the
same thing.

I was with Jim Brown and BB in 2000 when he uttered those words at an "Amer I Can" Graduation at the RI Training School where I was a manager. My task that night was to greet dignitaries and make sure their needs were met, I met BB and thought he was just another JAG coach shuffling through to greener pastures, I kind of ignored him..
#32 was the player I cut my teeth on in the 50's, a friends father turned me on to the NFL.. I was a Browns fan until '69 until the Jets won the Superbowl and I knew the AFL was for real... I had my pix taken with Jim and had him autograph a football which I later gave to a Cleveland Fan.
It was a great night..

It's amazing how sensitive some fans are whenever Bill get's criticized for anything.

His attitude toward players is what have you done lately. Good thing for Bill that he isn't being judged the same way because lately he hasn't been anything to write home about.

Defense has no post season wins?

Obviously you forget Super Bowl LIII. Patriots 13. Rams 3.

Patriots held a Super Bowl opponent to one frigging field goal!?!? And you dismiss their defense as having no post season wins? Lulz.
That was 4-5 years ago. The last time this defense took the field in the playoffs was the year before last when the other team scored on every possession and never had to punt.

Good thing for Bill that he isn't being judged the same way because lately he hasn't been anything to write home about.
Just the other day I wrote home about all the wonderful special teams assets the septuagenarian has been stock piling during the post-Brady mediocrity.
Glass Half Full GIF by GIPHY News
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back