PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest off-season surprise

I would say the Hill trade. That is a Herschel Walker type of trade and he is getting ridiculous money in an extension. Hill is a great player, but with a lot of baggage. I could see a trade like this for a top QB or DE who tend to get a lot of compensation in a trade, but a WR seems way too much.

I know Miami has a lot of draft capital and didn't even use their first round pick in the trade, but that is a huge gamble on a player with major character issues who now has enough guaranteed money that he doesn't have to give a crap anymore.

As big as the Watson trade was, the amount the Chiefs got for a non QB is kind of crazy. Not sure anything can top that one.

Maybe this jury will actually sit for all the evidence.
Could you show everyone where the Grand Jury decided to limit the amount of evidence presented and not the District Attorney prosecuting the case? Or is that you just making s**t up again?

Christian Kirk getting 18per...
Good player that I knew was going to get paid, but I figured ~11-12per on this one..
We'll see.

As big as the Watson trade was, the amount the Chiefs got for a non QB is kind of crazy. Not sure anything can top that one.

I agree 100 percent. The chiefs must have been celebrating once that deal got finalized!

It’s a crazy offseason. The number of trades, Kirk getting way too much $$, Bills signing number 40 of the Rams (I hate that I am starting to forget names), Gilmore remains unsigned, just too much to take in.

The biggest surprise for me was Tyreek Hill to Miami... I didn't see that coming and it's a rather large investment for a team with Tua as their quarterback. Again, I don't think Tua is all that bad, but Hill is elite and that Miami receiver room will demand a lot of attention... we'll see if Tua is capable of leading what should be a top 10 passing offense.

Adams to LVR also surprised me... not really the LVR angle but Green Bay shipping out their best receiver by far. GB literally has no WR depth chart right now.

Patriots not being in play for a proven WR given their pathetic Draft history at the position. I guess this year for them is all or noting in the Draft they might have to triple dip to get it right at WR that is..

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back