PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Sey!

And it took them a few years to win another after he was gone.

If my memory is correct (not a sure thing) the Pats didn't get as great a 1st pick as I thought they would from the Raiduhs.
Big Nate but we traded our own 28th that had a decent trickle down effect with VAreen and others the next year I believe. HT & Jones. I could be wrong though without looking it up.

If my memory is correct (not a sure thing) the Pats didn't get as great a 1st pick as I thought they would from the Raiduhs.

Big Nate but we traded our own 28th that had a decent trickle down effect with VAreen and others the next year I believe. HT & Jones. I could be wrong though without looking it up.

Yeah I can’t look it up either right now, but I also think that was the Solder pick…

Harrison should already be in but he should be next. Would be nice to get some support for Wilfork going.
Brian Dawkins 911/236 assist, 17 QB Hits, 59 TFL, 26 sacks, 36 FF, 19 FR, 37 INT

Harrison 920/286, 40 TFL, 10 QB Hits, 30 sacks, 15 FF, 9 FR, 34 INT. Not to mention multiple SB runs on different teams.

Rodney deserves to be in.

Pats deserve to be represented accordingly.

They also had to wait two years as he was traded at the start of the 2009 season and drafted Solder in 2011. It was an idiotic trade.

They also had to wait two years as he was traded at the start of the 2009 season and drafted Solder in 2011. It was an idiotic trade.

Seymore wanted to get paid more; Bill didn’t oblige… he then wanted out; this time Bill obliged…

I also believe that the two of them stopped sending each other Christmas cards after Bill benched him (for the 1st quarter?) after he was late returning from his father’s / grandfather’s (?) funeral…

Aside from Tom, he was the most important draft pick of the 1st dynasty.
True, but Wilfork was a part of all of them, and he dominated every week until the Achilles injury at the end of his career. Wilfork belongs in the HOF..

True, but Wilfork was a part of all of them, and he dominated every week until the Achilles injury at the end of his career. Wilfork belongs in the HOF..
Wilfork was drafted in 2004 which was only apart of one Super Bowl team in the 1st dynasty as a back up. Seymour was the catalyst on D from day 1 in 2001. Without him, their D isn't what it was.

Oh yeah, that's right. The Raiduhs went to 8-8 the next year and we got a worse pick.

Wilfork was drafted in 2004 which was only apart of one Super Bowl team in the 1st dynasty as a back up. Seymour was the catalyst on D from day 1 in 2001. Without him, their D isn't what it was.
You're right, so is Ivan. Vince was a veritable beast until his Achilles issue. Vince could have done anything, he was that talented. He did his job in an outstanding manner.

I could have been clearer, I was referring to the multiple dynasties, not all 6 rings, and I don’t disagree on how important and dominant Seymour was. If you break down their dynasties into two successive dynasties Wilfork was the only player other than Brady to win Rings with both. Seymour belongs in the HOF, but so does Wilfork. He dominated from his rookie season right up to his Achilles injury. Until that injury I can not think of a game in Wilfork career that I came away thinking Wilfork had played poorly. He was double teamed his entire career and still dominated throughout it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back