PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 DRAFT TE THREAD

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll look at & breakdown as many TE'S & P-TP in this thread.

I wouldn't mind taking the best available TE...after our needs at LB, DE & LT have been filled.
My best-practical-case: Dalton Schultz with our 4th-rounder.

Would love Andrews or Fumagali here in NE

Geiscki is a baller but won't block

Would love Andrews or Fumagali here in NE

Geiscki is a baller but won't block

I think TE is a huge need. Gronk goes down, even w a healthy Jules, Cooks etc this offense isn't the same. Best case is we get 2 healthy years from him but I think this year might be his last.

Gesicki looks like a young Graham.

I think TE is a huge need. Gronk goes down, even w a healthy Jules, Cooks etc this offense isn't the same. Best case is we get 2 healthy years from him but I think this year might be his last.

Gesicki looks like a young Graham.

It's not a coincidence that the only year a Gronk injury didn't derail the offense was in 2016, when they had Gronk-lite in Marty Bennett. Frankly I'd love to see if they could bring him back on the relative cheap and see if he has anything left in the tank, and draft another TE just in case.... They've gone with 4 TEs on the active roster before.... :)

6’5”, 245lbs And according to Lance Zierlein, not the most physical. But sign me up to that level of athleticism on day three.

Overview
Heavily targeted move tight end with decent route savvy and ball skills. Vollert has the athletic ability and build-up speed to be able to function on short, intermediate and deep routes as a pass catcher. Even as a move tight end, Vollert will need to play with better toughness and play strength in order to make a team.

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - ANDREW VOLLERT | NFL.com

TE's Goedert or Hurst should be available right around that Jimmy pick. Hurst is a older mature prospect because he played Baseball. But it's said he can play right away. I like the Andrews kid from Oklahoma sometime in the third. I also like that kid from Indiana Ian Thomas on Potential alone on day 3. Goedert and Hurst would make the transition from the miserable Gronk:rolleyes: alot easier to stomach.

Last edited:
So, this guy in the 6th or 7th versus Gesicki in the 2nd? Not a terribly difficult value calculation.

Official numbers aren’t quite so good. 4.6 forty, 6.9 3-cone. I mean still good but not quite so mind-blowing.

Height: 6055
Weight: 239
40 Yrd Dash: 4.60
20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 12
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08
3-Cone Drill: 6.90

Andrew Vollert | Weber State, TE : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Obligatory comp to Aaron Hernandez

Height: 6023
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.64
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 6.83

This is by far the weakest TE class in years most of the Top Guys grades out very poorly in the Blocking department aside from Dallas Goedert. I think if the Pats really like Dallas Goedert they have to pull the trigger at about 31 he ain't making to that Jimmy G selection. One intriguing late round prospect that has "Y" TE written all over him is Durham Symthe Best Blocker of the bunch. I also like the kid from Miami as a Sleeper type Prospect Chris Herndon IV he has all the tools just needs to be Coached up. TE:Ian Thomas from Indiana is another well built prospect with potential down the road.

I wouldn't mind taking the best available TE...after our needs at LB, DE & LT have been filled.
My best-practical-case: Dalton Schultz with our 4th-rounder.

Scout cap:cool: excellent prospect and value in the Fourth Round.

This is by far the weakest TE class in years most of the Top Guys grades out very poorly in the Blocking department aside from Dallas Goedert. I think if the Pats really like Dallas Goedert they have to pull the trigger at about 31 he ain't making to that Jimmy G selection. One intriguing late round prospect that has "Y" TE written all over him is Durham Symthe Best Blocker of the bunch. I also like the kid from Miami as a Sleeper type Prospect Chris Herndon IV he has all the tools just needs to be Coached up. TE:Ian Thomas from Indiana is another well built prospect with potential down the road.
i got Herndon on my big board for us. hes somewhat under rated rn in terms of talk but im sure teams know all about him

i got Herndon on my big board for us. hes somewhat under rated rn in terms of talk but im sure teams know all about him

What do you think of Tyler Conklin?? he seems like a good Day 3 value pick. The Scouting report says he was battling some foot injury in 2017. Conklin has put up some decent numbers.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back