PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best memories of attending a Pats game?

In 2019 when we played the giants I remember the halftime break, going to the restroom to take a piss. I heard a loud commotion coming from one of the stalls but I was still behind the corner in the line so I couldn't see what was happening. I finally get into the restroom and I see a guy in an Eli Manning jersey, hiding in one of the stalls but standing on the toilet so his head could peek out above saying

"18-1 *****ES!!"
"MANNING THE GOAT"
"SPYGATE!!"

Between everything he'd yell he'd pop back down into cover as 6 drunk Pats fans tried to smack him. It was absolutely hilarious. I was giggling about that the rest of the game. You can tell how easy it is to get under our skin

My most vivid memory was of going to watch a pre-season game with my dad at Schaefer Stadium. It was against the Giants, my dad's favorite team. The bathrooms were a nightmare and we saw three fist fights in the parking lot and a fender bender. Last time my dad went.

My most entertaining time was at Bryant College where you could get up close and watch the workouts. I will never forget Hanna destroying a rookie who gave him and extra hit after the whistle. Big mistake.

Haven't been to as many as some here but my favorite I've been to is probably the Christmas Eve Massacre in 2016; 41-3 over the Jest. Given that the Brady-BB Pats had a losing record at Foxboro whenever I showed up (7-8 at the time), I was happy to watch a blowout and one that put the Pats at .500 for me when I go.

Of course, I have to mention my first game...1991, Oilers came to town and we somehow won. Eleven year old me thought maybe we had a chance to be good that year...:whistle:
I was at that game too! Doug Flutie somehow beat Warren Moon and that high flying Oilers team! Great game.

For some reason I remember the bad games.
Monday night football, pouring rain, Pats up by a couple TD's midway through 4th qtr, BAM, Pats lose.
Jets, down to 3rd maybe 4th string qb, all they are going to do is run, we lose 6-3, one of 2 games in my life I left the stadium early.
78 playoff, Mike Haynes falling on his keister, game over.
BC stadium. water in the end zone halfway up the leg of Csonka scoring TD.
Harvard Stadium sitting on the snow, on the concrete, with some idiot mouthing off and barfing.

Wait, why did I go to any of these games? What an idiot!

In Miami. Dolphins kicker missed two winnable field goals because he had to kick from the dirt baseball infield.

Game went into overtime and Brady hit Troy Brown in stride; where the catch was made was directly below my mid-level seats. Troy ran it in for the TD of about 80 yards; game over. Dolphins and their fans were stunned.

One of those FG's was set up on a pass that should have been disallowed when the WR went OOB before the catch.

I heard an interview with one of the Miami defenders and he said that he watched hours and hours of film on Troy Brown and never saw him go downfield that far on a route. Never say never.

I'll go in chronological order.

Mid 1960's - My dad took me to my first Pats game at Fenway. The only thing I remember is walking along the aluminum stands along the wall and seeing Ernie Ladd warming up before the game by slamming into the padded goalpost to my left. The thing was rocking back and forth like crazy.

Late 70's - I took my new wife and two of my female cousins who had moved when we were kids to Louisiana to a Saints game at Schaefer. It was the most miserable experience any of us have ever had. All three of the ladies were attractive and we were verbally assaulted by a large group of drunks the entire game. As we walked out I can still here my cousin say, in her southern accent "cousin Johnny, that is why we will never ever come back here again." And they never did.

2001 - My youngest son, not a sports fan, and I were heading to Georgia and I convinced him to go to the Pats last game of the year in Charlotte vs the 1-14 Panthers. It was surreal. The place was just about empty except for us and many thousands of Pats fans who were sitting between the 30's behind the Pats bench. As we watched the game we were also watching the scoreboard because a Jets win vs the Raiduhs that day would give us a home playoff game. There we were, thousands of Pats fans, chanting J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets! in Charlotte. After the Pats win and Raiduhs loss we filed out among a constant roar of Pats fans while the stadium employees watched in awe.

2013 - My oldest son, who was living in Korea and China for most of the Brady era and was rarely home during the season, and I were at the Browns game when Gronk was lost for the season. I remember that we had very good seats and as soon as Gronk was hit I turned to my son and said "he's done." To make matters worse, we decided to go against our own history and leave a game early to avoid the traffic. While we were heading to the car the Pats scored two TDs in a little over a minute to win the game.

2016 - Once again my youngest, the non sports fan, came to a game with me. This one was the AFCCG vs Pittsburgh and we also had tickets to the tailgate party run by Fred Smerlas. It was a fantastic experience and a great win, capped off by watching the new TE Bennet dancing with the cheerleaders. During the game there were quite a few Steeler fans who were waving their towels but as the game wore on those towels looked like ceiling fans that were turned off and gradually came to a stop.

It's been a great run and I feel like I'm the luckiest football fan alive. Seeing all of the other memories has made it even sweeter.

2016 - Once again my youngest, the non sports fan, came to a game with me. This one was the AFCCG vs Pittsburgh and we also had tickets to the tailgate party run by Fred Smerlas. It was a fantastic experience and a great win, capped off by watching the new TE Bennet dancing with the cheerleaders. During the game there were quite a few Steeler fans who were waving their towels but as the game wore on those towels looked like ceiling fans that were turned off and gradually came to a stop.

It's been a great run and I feel like I'm the luckiest football fan alive. Seeing all of the other memories has made it even sweeter.
Reminds me of the 1996 SB run with Bledsoe and Curtis Martin. Playoff game vs Squealers. Only time this thrifty Scot sprung for scalper tickets. Took brother, brother-in-law (who packed the picnic food) and daughter. Stadium filled with fog & smoke from pre-game. Hard to see the field even from front row 50 yard line 200s. Obnoxious towel wavers surrounding us. I made their experience Hell. CM owned the Squealers and the Pats D destroyed Next Big Thing Kordell Stewart. Great post game feast made special by all the 28-3 loser Squealer fans tailgating.

For some reason I remember the bad games.
Monday night football, pouring rain, Pats up by a couple TD's midway through 4th qtr, BAM, Pats lose.
Jets, down to 3rd maybe 4th string qb, all they are going to do is run, we lose 6-3, one of 2 games in my life I left the stadium early.
78 playoff, Mike Haynes falling on his keister, game over.
BC stadium. water in the end zone halfway up the leg of Csonka scoring TD.
Harvard Stadium sitting on the snow, on the concrete, with some idiot mouthing off and barfing.

Wait, why did I go to any of these games? What an idiot!

You went to them because, deep down, you knew you'd collect a lifetime of memories.

Drunk fans, "Tastes Great!" "Less Filling!" (quickly deteriorating)

Flying lawnmowers (well, attempting to fly)

The wonderful Shaeffer water features (otherwise known as stairs to the concourse - except when it was raining)

Dirt parking lots - tailgate anywhere

That guy with the cart that had the best sausage and peppers sandwiches ever

2003 - Home against the Dolphins in the post blizzard game. My first game ever attended and didn't make it in until the 3rd quarter do to the blizzard. Saw all the important stuff though, the snow flying looked like crazy. Clinched the division that game.

2007 - Home against the Steelers. The Double pass from Brady to Moss back to Brady to Gaffney. The deep bomb to Moss after the Steelers backup FS Anthony Smith guaranteed a win. Welker also had a huge game, basically running the same out route a million times and they couldn't defend it.

2004 Divisional round vs Indy
2008 opening day vs BUF. Great comeback, throwback Unis.
Some random pre-season game circa 1987 that my dad somehow got tickets to. First game I ever went to.

I have never been to a live game :(
In fact I fell in love with the Patriots the year my family moved away from New England.
I was a kitten and my heart was broken.

I was at that game too! Doug Flutie somehow beat Warren Moon and that high flying Oilers team! Great game.

GREAT game. You couldn't wipe that smile off my face

I have never been to a live game :(
In fact I fell in love with the Patriots the year my family moved away from New England.
I was a kitten and my heart was broken.

I hope Covid is done soon and you can go once you're past everything you've got going on now. Our WR corps needs your inspiration in the stands.

2007 Week 2 Pats Chargers

The Chargers were coming off a 14-2 season & a first round exit at the hand of the pats. The team dealt with a week of spygate and could they win without cheating nonsense.

The pats were only 3.5 point favorites at home. Randy Moss had a pair of TDs & the stadium went bonkers on the Adalius Thomas pick 6.

Throw in the fact it was on SNF & it was one of the bigger statement wins of the dynasty. People left that game thinking how good they could be that season.

Long time ago, the Tony Eason era. My friends and I were sitting in the top row of the stadium. Don't remember who we were playing, but the Pats were down with Eason at QB. The crowd was chanting for Doug Flutie and finally the coach pulled Eason and Flutie came on to a tremendous roar, and then led the Patriots to a comeback victory. The crowd was so into it, it was electric.

2004 Divisional round vs Indy
2008 opening day vs BUF. Great comeback, throwback Unis.
Some random pre-season game circa 1987 that my dad somehow got tickets to. First game I ever went to.
I was at both games. 2004 "standing room tickets". Froze my butt off but so worth it. I stood at the bridge. 2008, nose bleeds next to a Bills die hard fan. Ripped his heart out.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back