PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Article Andy Hart Has Ever Written In His Life.

Culture is a by-product of winning. No one cares what you say or what your protocols are unless you are winning. That is why there has been such a significant departure from culture this year with Bill becoming an excuse machine and also praising Cam every moment despite how putrid he has been. This team needs a legit QB. Period. When that happens then everyone can wax poetic about culture because we will be winning again.
Yep...Talent + development + proper game-planning/play-calling + excellence of execution begets winning, which then - and only then - begets "culture"...Not the other way around.

Last edited:
Kirsch was useless.
Fred is a PFW original, from the Mr Pumped 'n Jacked daze...He's despised Bill from the moment Bill took over the building and Freddy lost his precious access, which Kraft, Booby Grier & Petey were only more than happy to give him, sometimes at odds with each other...

Spotrac shows $69m in cap. Obviously that number is just an estimate right now, but money is gonna go quick with all the free agents.

The draft and development of the rookies is where the future hinges

We do? How did he blow it? He hadn't played in a year and a half. There are new WRs everywhere and a pandemic. You must have missed the timelines like SB1 has.

Did anyone say cut Garoppolo in during the 2015 season?

Here's a hint: Damiere Byrd played with Cam in Carolina. NE signed Damiere Byrd in FA before they signed Newton. By many months. Do the math, please. Then we hear NE had been in contact with Cam for a considerable period of time, which would lead one to believe between April and early July with the pandemic developments, no camps, and BB was desperate. And, he is. He is doing un-BBlike things, like praising the worst QB in a Pats uni since Tommy Hodson or Hugh Millen. Newton is horrible. There has to be something behind BB's game here. That's the point. Both Newton and Stidham are Auburn guys.

There is very little chance BB was annoyed from Sitdham's Dec shredding of our D in practice in 2019, after deciding to only keep him as the back up as the rookie QB, and the pandemic hitting in March. That's 3 months. What could he have done in 3 months to reverse the trend during a pandemic other than being a pandemic? Why did he give him the reps with the 1s in December? I highly doubt BB paid Terrence Brooks to say how good he looked in that small amount of time. It's not staged. It's real as his is superb preseason work.

I always thought the Byrd signing was odd since it happened so fast. I am not saying Byrd was signed to eventually sign Newton, but it's possible this was the plan once we learned of Covid and what it would mean for an NFL season.
Time for Stid lovers to give up the dream. It’s not happening.

Get Cam some real competition here instead of that 4th round stiff.

Culture is a by-product of winning. No one cares what you say or what your protocols are unless you are winning. That is why there has been such a significant departure from culture this year with Bill becoming an excuse machine and also praising Cam every moment despite how putrid he has been. This team needs a legit QB. Period. When that happens then everyone can wax poetic about culture because we will be winning again.
The failure of most of Belichick's coach's when they have become head coaches elsewhere proves this point. His offshoots have attempted to institute the Belichick style and method without having a track record of success. It has not gone down well with their players. Matty's dismissal in Detroit is the latest case in point.

The failure of most of Belichick's coach's when they have become head coaches elsewhere proves this point. His offshoots have attempted to institute the Belichick style and method without having a track record of success. It has not gone down well with their players. Matty's dismissal in Detroit is the latest case in point.

I agree but Flores seems like a different cat.

I love Hart’s
zachary levi love GIF

Andy might be an idiot sometimes but I miss him on PFW in Progress. Mike Dussalt is pretty vanilla and Megan O'Brien is horrendous.
Yeh. That Pats' official saite has been a dreary failure for years: determinedly dull. Perillo could put a speedfreak on PCP to sleep.

Andy is better at writing than at radio, though, because he insists on turning every conversation into an adolescent pi$$...g contest. Maybe he will grow less insecure over time and amend that.

Sport is no different than any other human endeavor. Establish a culture, get everyone aligned with it, and talent emerges.

Without the Pats culture to grow up in, Brady is another good QB for the last 2 decades. If he'd been drafted in the 6th round by the Bengals, nobody would be talking about him as a GOAT. He never would have even made an all star squad. He might not even have emerged as a starter anywhere.

The "culture" is now the QB of the Buccaneers.
Unfortunately for Bill, this will be the narrative until he wins without Brady. And at his age he has a small window. Not saying that it's fair, but it is what it is.

Sport is no different than any other human endeavor. Establish a culture, get everyone aligned with it, and talent emerges.

Without the Pats culture to grow up in, Brady is another good QB for the last 2 decades. If he'd been drafted in the 6th round by the Bengals, nobody would be talking about him as a GOAT. He never would have even made an all star squad. He might not even have emerged as a starter anywhere.
We'll never know for sure what Brady would have become on a crappy team. The Pats weren't God's gift to football before he started playing QB here, so my guess is that he would have helped the Bengals too. I also seriously doubt that he wouldn't have become a starter somewhere.

We'll never know for sure what Brady would have become on a crappy team. The Pats weren't God's gift to football before he started playing QB here, so my guess is that he would have helped the Bengals too. I also seriously doubt that he wouldn't have become a starter somewhere.

This is how I'd imagine it playing out in Cincinnati. He'd get noticed in training camp for his determination and smarts, but because of their desperation for instant gratification, born of a poor culture, they'd overlook it in favor of more traditionally athletically gifted, and popular, players, at the position. There simply wouldn't have been the courage in the coaching staff to take a risk on him, knowing the criticism that would have come from every corner of the organization, media, and fans.

He'd be either put on the practice squad or cut altogether, with the same label he came out of college - a winner but just not talented enough in any one area to succeed in the NFL. He'd need a string of good luck, such as a team having injuries to two of its three QB's, to get a real opportunity somewhere else.

I know that sports fans like to think that determination and capability will eventually win out. I think that those things are necessary, but far more players lose out because circumstance doesn't shine for them, than rise to the top.

This is a chicken or the egg thing. Did the winning come from the culture or did the culture come from the winning. I think it’s the latter.

Point is losing and lack of excellence in execution creates poor culture or no culture. So posters saying we should tank, I'd rather we stay competitive , play as hard as possible, and try to win every game even if we're short handed on talent.

And without Brady, Bill would've been another **** LeBeau but without the credibility of having played the game...IOW Zero rings as a HC.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back