PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

belichick trash talk gets national media attn

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-cleater said:
I'm with Rab. Just two years ago trash talk would not have been tolerated by Rodney, and BB would use it to motivate his players. Sad the way this team has lost so much of its bite in such a short time :(

What's to say it's being tolerated, and not being used to motivate the players? The only way to lose is to escalate the trash talk. As it stands now, Chad has handed the Patriots bulletin board material, your coach has disarmed and stopped any real retaliation, and he's gotten a several day head start on lobbying the officials with the pushing off comments. If I was a Pats fan, I'd wait until I see my defense play before declaring the team biteless. Personally, I think the Pats have been masterful in gaining the upper hand in all of this.

Kudos to Mongoloido for being the most objective and articulate fan of the opposition I've seen in these parts in quite some time.

I also like to watch the Bengals, and was saddened when the Palmer injury knocked them down early in the Pittsburgh game last Jan. Head-to-head, I give the nod to Belichick's coaching and preparation in this game, but that is rarely enough. The San Diego games last year is an example. A strong, fast, motivated team came into Gillette and embarrassed the Pats, who were still reeling from the loss of Rodney. I hope that the team comes out with fire this Sunday, or the Bengal passing offense will expose our occasionally gormless secondary. Pass rush, people?

Yah I was rooting for Palmer & Cinci against the hated Steelers when Palmer got injured. But this Sunday I will NOT be rooting for the now hated Bengals. Unfortunately, I think we're outgunned at this stage of the season.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Great entertainment! Gotta luv Rodney & BB's responses. I always tried doing this in sports but all I'd usually get was the other team's bench emptying and chasing after me. Not being a big guy (Samuel/Brown size), I knew how to run very fast.
Timing is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back