Belichick now #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In the interesting stats department, BB is now tied with Chuck Noll on the all-time wins list at 209. BB is 209-109-0 and Noll was 209-156-1.

Not that it matters all that much but sometimes these lists leave out a few of these guys, not sure why.. Paul Brown is one, who BB idolized and always thought that was what he was aiming for...

I have him as six, cannot figure out why Brown is often left out.

Shula 347
Halas 324
Landry 324
Lambeau 286
Lambeau 231
Paul Brown 222
Belichick 209(187 reg season, 18 playoff and 4 wins 2013)
Noll 209

Weren't the browns in some other league pre-NFL? Before my time & no football historian.

Weren't the browns in some other league pre-NFL? Before my time & no football historian.

But I think they count all of their wins.. believe those who coached in the old AFL had their wins counted there also.

Like I said does not make much difference...

I'm watching genius at work with a genius executor by his side. Amazing. Every time we go through one of these transformations it scares the crap out of me. I always wonder if we can get back to the level we have gotten used to.

So many offensive and now defensive transformations. And now I have to bring in Tom, because you honestly can't separate the two.

What BB and Tom do, I honestly don't think anybody else in the NFL can do. So far it's been one of the finest coaching performances I've seen from Bill. And it's not the first time we've heard people say that. And I'm seeing Tom go to his early years of his career playing an offense he hasn't had to in over a decade.

And yet....they just win. We're 4-0.

And now BB lost Vince. But somehow, I have faith, he'll change it all up, and somehow make it work. We changed our offense. We'll just have to change our hybrid defense. And Bill will get it done.

I have him as six, cannot figure out why Brown is often left out.

Shula 347
Halas 324
Landry 324
Lambeau 286
Lambeau 231

Paul Brown 222
Belichick 209(187 reg season, 18 playoff and 4 wins 2013)
Noll 209

I count 6 too, but who is your 2nd Lambeau? :confused:

We need someone to photoshop BB with "The gangster of gangsters"...as noted by Irving last night.

The Gangster of Gangsters...BB!

Belichick won't retire until becoming #1 no longer seems feasible. As crazy as it sounds at his age he could hold on for another 10 years and be within sniffing distance.

If he cracks 300 by 71 and has a team that is still competitive I could see it happening.

That's a tall order though. 10 wins a season over the next 10 years would be unprecedented success in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents