Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 12, 2006
Belichick's books

The Patriots just sent out the following press release:

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick will move his family's historic football book collection to the Naval Academy Athletic Association Sunday morning at Ricketts Hall. Bill's father, Steve, was a legendary figure around the Naval Academy for over 50 years, including the 33 years (1956-89) he served as an assistant football coach and an Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Education.

"My father and I often discussed consolidating our collections and making them available for others to enjoy," Belichick said. "Because of our ties to the Naval Academy and the Annapolis area, they will now have a perfect new home."

The book collection is one of the largest of its kind, featuring over 400 books and several hundred more periodicals dating back to the 1890s and including such historical works as Amos Alonzo Stagg's Practical Theses on Football, Walter Camp's American Football and Bob Zuppke's Football Techniques & Tactics.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:59:53 PM

Last edited:
It must be kind of sad for Bill to let go of all of those books. Like saying goodbye to his Dad all over again. I'm glad it'll be part of the Belichick collection though. A nice memorial.

I head an interview with BB recently in which he said the collection just grew over the years. He would often see a book his dad would like and get it for him, or see one his dad had ( but he still loved) and got it for himself. He said the collection was close to 1000 books. He sounded very upbeat about giving it away.

Thanks for the post!:cool:

Hoodie said:
It must be kind of sad for Bill to let go of all of those books. Like saying goodbye to his Dad all over again. I'm glad it'll be part of the Belichick collection though. A nice memorial.
thats one way of looking at it.

Personally I see such an event as a celebration of his fathers life and book collection. Something like a window into the man he really was. Its a positive way to help others have some insite into his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes