PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB in damage control mode regarding Brady's departure

I'm not taking shots at anyone. Bill is our coach right now and he's fair game for any criticism. Any fan of any team at any time would do the same.

You pointed out one fact and I pointed out another. It's a fact that Bill's defense allowed 7 TD drives in 7 tries in the playoff game. I hope it's a lot better than that this season.

You take shots at Belichick and Mac (for whatever reason) just about every day. Both of them are still on the team and have a huge impact on what our future is going to be. You criticize Bill incessantly for making decisions from years ago, while at the same time never criticizing Brady. Every time I bring up Brady you have some sort of excuse (Bill's fault, Shaq Mason didn't block, referee made a bad call, etc).

What else was he going to say?

I'm awesome and I'm better than Drew?

He easily could have said "If it weren't for the Tuck Rule game, I wouldn't know what the future would have held." However, he specifically stated he was going to be the backup. Funny how that when it comes to Bill, you always say "straight from the horses mouth." But when it comes to Tom, you merely brush off his comments as innocuous. What a hypocrite you are.

You take shots at Belichick and Mac (for whatever reason) just about every day.
Huh? Show me where I've taken shots at either. "Every day" lol
Both of them are still on the team and have a huge impact on what our future is going to be. You criticize Bill incessantly for making decisions from years ago, while at the same time never criticizing Brady. Every time I bring up Brady you have some sort of excuse (Bill's fault, Shaq Mason didn't block, referee made a bad call, etc).
Because I'm a fan and Bill is our coach and fans of any sport in any league on any team will call out their coach or players when they're not happy about something. I call it like I see it.

Brady was dead serious about believing he was going to be the backup to Bledsoe if the tuck rule didn't save him.
No he wasn't.

Obviously Ernie's analysis was done prior to the game and he would have told him what to look out for. Then Weis conveys info over to Brady via the headset.
Neither of those things happened. Ernie was Bill's pet rock. And Weis was calling plays, which didn't include Ernie in one ear giving him last second tips.

It's called a backup helmet. You do realize that players have a backup ready in case the original one doesn't work, right? Flutie picked up Brady's backup helmet and heard Weis talking to Brady after the cutoff.
LOL!!! Never happened. You're completely trashing your "credibility" on this one. At best this is a completely unsubstantiated third-hand rumor that has been obscurely and fleeting referenced by a few individuals in various media outlets. Under no circumstances has this every been taken seriously by anyone who matters.

The Deflator disagrees.

The whole team was hurt by spygate and deflategate.
Bill's reputation took a permanent hit for Spygate. Literally no one genuinely cares about Deflategate anymore. After that AFCCG, Brady has won 4 more Super Bowls... I don't think anyone seriously believes he needs a little air out of the football to win.

Still have no clue why you follow the Patriots when it's obvious you only liked them because of Brady...just weird that you continue to take shots at the current coach and QB.
This reeks of hypocrisy. Every Super Bowl title the Patriots own came with Brady playing the most significant role among players. You're on some miserably failing crusade to prove Brady was merely a beneficiary of the system when the system hasn't won sh*t without him. And he's gone onto exactly the same continued success with an entirely different franchise. Your ship isn't sinking, it's buried lower than the Titanic.

Ignore the troll. He really has nothing else to say. Look at him in the main forum. Barely anyone responds to his posts. If it weren't for the Brady threads who would talk to him? Kinda of like the old Rodney Dangerfield joke about having a pork chop tied around his neck so the dog with play with him. Sad thing is Rodney knew the dog didn't actually like him.

No he wasn't.

Neither of those things happened. Ernie was Bill's pet rock. And Weis was calling plays, which didn't include Ernie in one ear giving him last second tips.

LOL!!! Never happened. You're completely trashing your "credibility" on this one. At best this is a completely unsubstantiated third-hand rumor that has been obscurely and fleeting referenced by a few individuals in various media outlets. Under no circumstances has this every been taken seriously by anyone who matters.

Bill's reputation took a permanent hit for Spygate. Literally no one genuinely cares about Deflategate anymore. After that AFCCG, Brady has won 4 more Super Bowls... I don't think anyone seriously believes he needs a little air out of the football to win.

This reeks of hypocrisy. Every Super Bowl title the Patriots own came with Brady playing the most significant role among players. You're on some miserably failing crusade to prove Brady was merely a beneficiary of the system when the system hasn't won sh*t without him. And he's gone onto exactly the same continued success with an entirely different franchise. Your ship isn't sinking, it's buried lower than the Titanic.

How dumb are you, Dave? Ernie Adams was the guy telling Bill when to challenge plays. Of course he was connected to the coaching staff on the headset....

Never happened? Says who? Flutie's allegations haven't been disproven.

Funny, I don't hear too many people talking about spygate either. Both scandals tarnished the entire organization. After spygate, Bill won 3 more super bowls. I don't think anyone seriously believes he needed to spy on his opponents to win.

And no, Brady was not the most significant player in every super bowl the patriots won. He didn't win SB MVP in SB 39 or 53 for starters. In SB 36, the defense as a whole was more important than Tommy.

And if the Patriots are buried lower than the Titanic, I'll ask you the same question as I did SB1 - why are you still here? Are you here just to troll real Patriots fans? Tommy is going to be gone next year most likely. What are you going to do then?

He easily could have said "If it weren't for the Tuck Rule game, I wouldn't know what the future would have held." He specifically stated he was going to be the backup. When it comes to Bill, you always say "straight from the horses mouth." But when it comes to Tom, you merely brush it off as innocuous. What a hypocrite you are.

No it wasn’t specific. He literally said he would *probably* be the backup. Which is almost the same thing as what you wanted him to say. It’s just as likely he respects Drew and was deferring to him and BB’s decision on the whole thing.

I don’t have a problem with that.

My list is of rookie quarterbacks who have had good (or better) seasons over the past 20 years. So I don't think I was proving your point... whatever that is? You're all charged up about Mac Jones and the offense when despite whatever numbers you want to throw against the wall they weren't that great. 15th ranked offense with the 14th ranked passing offense. The running game was top 10 (8th) and scored the 2nd most rushing TDs (24). The best part of their offense by far was their running game. Jones had a nice season... no need to make more than it was. The whole team got exposed over the final month... that brief hold of the top seed was highly deceptive.

Back to my list... if you look at the quarterbacks, and their individual numbers, then you'll see why I'm listing them as having had good or better rookie seasons.

I'm not emotionally bound to Brady's having stayed in New England. His leaving worked out for him... that's irrefutable. How it's worked out for the Patriots is to be determined. So far, it hasn't worked out, but there's still more to come to complete that assessment. If they hover around .500 for the next 2-3 seasons while Brady continues to play at an elite level elsewhere then irrefutably they would have made a huge mistake.

Maybe. Maybe not. According to you, and 90% of this forum, Mac has the greatest head coach of all-time by far, which I'm assuming you think gives Mac a huge advantage. Probably should have finished much better than the 14th ranked passing offense. You know how many times Brady's passing offense in a full season finished better than 14th? 19 out of 19 times. His passing offense never finished worse than 12th and that was with Reche Caldwell in 2006. 14th would be a total embarrassment for Brady.

Thanks to his head coach. Seems like someone should have figured out sooner who was the better quarterback. It took a freak play for Brady to get his chance, which saved Belichick's career. One or two more seasons with Bledsoe as his starter and Belichick would have become a DC lifer.

I've never read even one credible report of Brady benefitting at all from any of the videotaping. Your statement "Brady was the one getting all the stolen information on his headset" is a blatant lie.
I AM emotionally bound to Brady because he helped take the team I rooted for since 1960 from the middle of the road to the top of the mountain and kept them there for 20 years. And I don't appreciate how Bob and Bill chased him away, got nothing for him and didn't have any replacement. If any other team did that we'd be laughing our butts off about it.

To put it simply, I would have preferred that Brady get his 7th here or not at all.

The problem with evaluating Bill as a HC is the role that Bill the GM has taken. And lately Bill the GM has been dumping talent at an alarming rate, leaving Bill the HC with a tougher job. We'll see how it plays out in the future but I'd prefer top players over top coaches.

Ignore the troll. He really has nothing else to say. Look at him in the main forum. Barely anyone responds to his posts. If it weren't for the Brady threads who would talk to him? Kinda of like the old Rodney Dangerfield joke about having a pork chop tied around his neck so the dog with play with him. Sad thing is Rodney knew the dog didn't actually like him.

Over 10K views total in the last two threads I started, but hardly anyone notices me…got it.

Last edited:
How dumb are you, Dave? Ernie Adams was the guy telling Bill when to challenge plays. Of course he was connected to the coaching staff on the headset....
You're moving off your videotaping theory... and now you have Ernie stealing defensive signals from the booth, relaying that information to Weis, who in turn is tipping off Brady pre-snap through the headset... is that what you believe? Why don't you cutout the middle man and just say Ernie was communicating directly with Brady through the headset? Unrestricted of course with no cutoff. LOL!

Never happened? Says who? Flutie's allegations haven't been disproven.
Some random hater propagates lies and it's the somehow the responsibility of others to disprove the lies? Come on, get your story straight. Flutie never alleged anything... he won't even give it the time of day. No one is even on record as saying "Flutie tell me...", it's all third-hand rumoring... I heard from so and so that Flutie told them... that kind of worthless unsubstantiated crap. Only someone like you would latch onto such nonsense.

Funny, I don't hear too many people talking about spygate either. Both scandals tarnished the entire organization. After spygate, Bill won 3 more super bowls. I don't think anyone seriously believes he needed to spy on his opponents to win.
Right, which makes the videotaping from the sideline so insanely stupid by Belichick.

And no, Brady was not the most significant player in every super bowl the patriots won. He didn't win SB MVP in SB 39 or 53 for starters. In SB 36, the defense as a whole was more important than Tommy.
Firstly, you can't count an entire defense against one player. Secondly, I'm not just talking about the Super Bowl games, of which Brady was MVP 4 times, I'm talking about most important for those seasons, which among players was undoubtedly Brady.

And if the Patriots are buried lower than the Titanic, I'll ask you the same question as I did SB1 - why are you still here? Are you here just to troll real Patriots fans? Tommy is going to be gone next year most likely. What are you going to do then?
I'm talking about your arguments being sunk deeper than the Titanic. Not the team.

You're clearly trolling Brady fans with a lot of this garbage... which is me giving you the benefit of the doubt that you would actually believe some of things you say.

You're moving off your videotaping theory... and now you have Ernie stealing defensive signals from the booth, relaying that information to Weis, who in turn is tipping off Brady pre-snap through the headset... is that what you believe? Why don't you cutout the middle man and just say Ernie was communicating directly with Brady through the headset? Unrestricted of course with no cutoff. LOL!

Some random hater propagates lies and it's the somehow the responsibility of others to disprove the lies? Come on, get your story straight. Flutie never alleged anything... he won't even give it the time of day. No one is even on record as saying "Flutie tell me...", it's all third-hand rumoring... I heard from so and so that Flutie told them... that kind of worthless unsubstantiated crap. Only someone like you would latch onto such nonsense.

Right, which makes the videotaping from the sideline so insanely stupid by Belichick.

Firstly, you can't count an entire defense against one player. Secondly, I'm not just talking about the Super Bowl games, of which Brady was MVP 4 times, I'm talking about most important for those seasons, which among players was undoubtedly Brady.

I'm talking about your arguments being sunk deeper than the Titanic. Not the team.

You're clearly trolling Brady fans with a lot of this garbage... which is me giving you the benefit of the doubt that you would actually believe some of things you say.
What kind of an azzhole spends practically every single day for years trolling on a football forum trolling the player that was the face of the franchise for 20 years? Well we have one. He's famous for it here. There's the answer. "Hey everybody, look at me!" Lol

I AM emotionally bound to Brady because he helped take the team I rooted for since 1960 from the middle of the road to the top of the mountain and kept them there for 20 years. And I don't appreciate how Bob and Bill chased him away, got nothing for him and didn't have any replacement. If any other team did that we'd be laughing our butts off about it.

To put it simply, I would have preferred that Brady get his 7th here or not at all.
I hear you. I agree except for the part about Brady not getting his 7th elsewhere... that's the irony of this entire escapade... in wanting to prove he could win with another quarterback, Belichick facilitated the opposite notion... that he can't win with another quarterback while Brady has proven he can win with another head coach. I'm not certain how things may have turned out in New England had Brady stayed, but seemly he had a better opportunity for success in Tampa Bay where he is allowed to have significant input over player personnel and the offense generally... a degree of input which he never had in New England. I too would have preferred Brady win his 7th in a Patriots uniform but I was happy to see him win it elsewhere too.

What kind of an azzhole spends practically every single day for years trolling on a football forum trolling the player that was the face of the franchise for 20 years? Well we have one. He's famous for it here. There's the answer. "Hey everybody, look at me!" Lol

Imagine spending every day for the past 2 years responding to someone (indirectly) after putting him on ignore....and just to be clear, I'm not trolling Brady. If I wanted to troll Brady I'd go to his IG page and do it there. I am trolling people who put their fandom of Brady ahead of the Patriots, which is what you and others have been doing. We even have one clown who signed up with the Bucs forum (dude didn't even bother to respond to me when I called him out for it, maybe he's embarrassed he was caught red-handed). the guy may have been the face of the franchise but he also tried to remove Belichick and replace him with an awful coach like Bill O Brien when he wasn't getting his way here.

Last edited:
I hear you. I agree except for the part about Brady not getting his 7th elsewhere... that's the irony of this entire escapade... in wanting to prove he could win with another quarterback, Belichick facilitated the opposite notion... that he can't win with another quarterback while Brady has proven he can win with another head coach. I'm not certain how things may have turned out in New England had Brady stayed, but seemly he had a better opportunity for success in Tampa Bay where he is allowed to have significant input over player personnel and the offense generally... a degree of input which he never had in New England. I too would have preferred Brady win his 7th in a Patriots uniform but I was happy to see him win it elsewhere too.
Irony indeed.
Bill's not as smart as he thinks he is. Look at all the talent he dumped.
Right now Brady has more SB wins than the Patriots. That should have never happened.
According to Bendover Bob, the ideal QB salary is 13% of the cap. He and Bill offered the GOAT less than 8%.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back