Article on Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure they'll be lots of *****ing because it's from ESPN (the magazine), and some have probably read it since it's from October, but this is an absolutely fantastic article about BB.

The building of Bill Belichick

When I click the link it says, "Not found".

Edit: NVM its working now.

Ok, I'm sure they'll be lots of *****ing because it's from ESPN (the magazine), and some have probably read it since it's from October, but this is an absolutely fantastic article about BB.

The building of Bill Belichick
Good piece. Chad Finn has a terrific one (cover story, actually) in this past Sunday Globe Magazine entitled " The Greatest Coach Ever."

first time i see it, thanks!

A little humor:
Heath Evans: "Those Q&A's could get really, really stressful because he could ask you anything and you'd better know it. [Former Patriots tackle] Matt Light always sat right behind me, so any time Bill did ask me a question early on, Matt would be whispering in my ear all the wrong answers."

Hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting it. Really loved this quote:
Curtis Martin (Hall of Fame Running Back For the Patriots, 1995-97, and Jets 1998-2006): "We were at a lunch table, and Jimmy Hitchcock and Ty Law were raving about Belichick when he was an assistant under Parcells. 'He's on another level,' they said. 'He's just a freakin' genius, this dude. I'm telling you, he's going to win a Super Bowl someday.' They were in awe of his football knowledge. You could tell by the way they were communicating it, so passionately, they felt he gave them such an advantage. In their eyes, Belichick was playing a very strategic, intricate game of chess while everybody else was playing checkers."

Thanks for sharing that. It was really great to get an inside peak.

I wish they would have gone more into how parcells tortured bb, that promises to be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes