PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Pats becoming the "defending champs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First off.........I should clarify by saying that by 'defending champs' I am referencing how the Super Bowl defending champions always get the opponents BEST efforts the following season.

With all the moves the Patriots have made, the media declaring us the favorites, and with the key Colts personnel losses, do you think the Patriots will have a bigger target on their backs than the Colts?

What key personnel losses are you speaking of? Serious question.

What key personnel losses are you speaking of? Serious question.
No it isn't, stop playing games.

You may not agree with him that losing starters constitutes a key loss - that's your business - but you know exactly what players he is talking about.

No it isn't, stop playing games.

You may not agree with him that losing starters constitutes a key loss - that's your business - but you know exactly what players he is talking about.
He'll find out the Colt defense still blows this year. The Colts were lucky that they played offenses with serious weaknesses in the playoffs; if, say, Randy Moss were on the Patriots last year and they had to respect our passing game we would see that they still suck against the run when they can't load up. Losing Cato June won't help that especially as their safeties will have to help the new CB even more. They'll deny it, whatever. And they have their trophy, nothing we can do about that. But the newfound Colt defense late last year was a mirage.

He'll find out the Colt defense still blows this year. The Colts were lucky that they played offenses with serious weaknesses in the playoffs; if, say, Randy Moss were on the Patriots last year and they had to respect our passing game we would see that they still suck against the run when they can't load up. Losing Cato June won't help that especially as their safeties will have to help the new CB even more. They'll deny it, whatever. And they have their trophy, nothing we can do about that. But the newfound Colt defense late last year was a mirage.

If, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Moss was a Raider last year.

Why are they key losses if the defense sucked last year?

If, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Moss was a Raider last year.

Why are they key losses if the defense sucked last year?
You can always go from bad to worse.

I know Moss was a Raider last year. We blew it, last time.

First off.........I should clarify by saying that by 'defending champs' I am referencing how the Super Bowl defending champions always get the opponents BEST efforts the following season.
Let's be honest: they have BEEN that ever since winning their 2nd Super Bowl in 3 years in 2003. Whether they won the big game the year before (as in 2005) or not (as in 2006) everyone still wants to beat the Patriots.

With all the moves the Patriots have made, the media declaring us the favorites, and with the key Colts personnel losses, do you think the Patriots will have a bigger target on their backs than the Colts?

No, I think the champs are still the champs and everybody wants to knock them off. Corners and Safeties might step it up for Moss, tho.

I think the Pats and Colts both have big targets. Any team which beats either of them will use it as a source of pride. Do you really think teams will give "a little more" for either over the other?

If woulda coulda shoulda; sounds like a Colts fan in 2003 and 2004. Amazing how ****y you boys get when you finally pull a SB win out of your south ends................enjoy it, savor it, make it last as long as possible is the best advice I can offer you.

I am sure you needed to change your underwear right after Gump threw that God awful int to make it 21-3.

I think the Pats and Colts both have big targets. Any team which beats either of them will use it as a source of pride.

I agree that both the Colts and Pats are just about any opponents biggest game of the year. How many and which teams will play both? I know the Chargers do and their fans definitely consider the Pats the biggest game of the year (since we crushed their dream season).

Every team is going to get up to play a team that has had as much success as the Patriots over the last few years, but there is only one champ and that is the Colts.

The Colts are the champs but the Pats are hated more,so I'd agree with the original post. Targets as in,yes teams want to beat them, but some probably also want to hurt them. *OL,are you listening:bricks:

You can always go from bad to worse.

I know Moss was a Raider last year. We blew it, last time.
Uhhhhh?? You can't get worse than 32nd baby! Our run defense WILL improve, but hey, we still might be 32nd!

What I care about is that our D-line is intact. Rob Morris and Gary Brackett are back. Hayden and Sanders are back. NOW, I grant you, Morris and Brackett are not Pro Bowlers, but things sure did improve with Morris in the line up. Brackett and Sanders provide some veteran leadership. We'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes