Replies:
Asking for your support

Are the Big 3 done?

• Total voters

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yup, they are.

No way we're going to sign Allen as a free agent and KG is not good enough to be a starter on our team anymore.

It's a god damn shame, all they had to do was play ONE MORE QUARTER of their best basketball and they could of all went out with style. ONE QUARTER!

I think and hope Pierce will stay.

I think Pierce and Garnett will stay. No chance for Allen though. If he's only capable of being good in spurts then there's no reason why the Celts front office should give him another contract. Let him go.

I bet Allen is done. He's understandably not very happy that he's been one-upped by Rondo.

The short answer is that everyone is on the table as Ainge looks to determine who else might be available via trade or free agency...

The first question is whether the Big Three or Big Two (should Allen himself choose to go elsewhere) can compete for a Title with a few additional offseason moves.

If Ainge thinks the answer to this question is "No" then he'd look to trade them for value and dump the salary as he begins to rebuild. He'd then still have to see if he'd get enough value in return.

I think Ainge continues to rebuild around the remaining contract of Garnett and Pierce with another season in which they make the playoffs as a low seed, conserving energy, and then turning it on again in the playoffs.

Who those supplemental players are we have no idea at this stage.

ray Allan may or may not be done in Boston but he surely is far from done as a productive 2 guard in the nba. if he does leave rondo will have had nothing to do with his decision. he will be a highly sought after player once he files for free agency. i for one hope he comes back to the Celtics.

I definitely think Ray is done....I think we should let KG go as well and use that money to bring in Chris Bosh....Also resign Nate if he doesn't mind playing backup.....That would give us a frontcourt of Perk/Bosh and Sheed/Baby.....That would replace KG with a younger form of himself in Bosh....Bosh can score and defend so we would just lose a little leadership/intensity but it has to happen sooner or later.....We have the 19th pick in the draft so maybe we could get a good SG to replace ray and start with Tony Allen at the 2 and possibly bring in nate when we go small at the 2.....I really like Bosh and would love to see him wearing the Green next season....Do I think this will happen? probably not but it's a nice thought....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back