PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Colts more formidable than Broncos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn your sarcasm meter to full before reading:

Hidden cameras reveal BB is doing the following in practice this week:

Cranking the Bon Jovi at "10" at every waking moment of practice starting from the walk to the practice facility from the parking lot

Turning the thermostat in the practice bubble to "96" and leaving it there (110 in the locker room during "halftime")

Sending tape measures to all officiating crews demonstrating what the length of 2.1 yards is.

Giving the scout team cornerbacks giant foam fingers "for face guarding" purposes

I'm pretty sure he used live Bon Jovi concert audio to capture the crowd noise.

Impressive and deserving of being taken seriously. Just my take.
The Colts are at home. Call me crazy, but that is a huge advantage, IMPO. (In My Paranoid Opinion) I think the refs, who the game is now about, do favor the home team on close calls.

I'm pretty sure he used live Bon Jovi concert audio to capture the crowd noise.
Guys, Polian* is gone and Irsay may not be sober enough. (*Pronounced "Poo-lying") :)

I don't believe it will be tougher. Brady in a dome; with gronk, against a shaky defense. This defense was created to slow down passing offenses with a top 3 secondary. It will be tough, but Denver was easily as tough a task as next Sunday's game

I don't think it will be a cake walk, but I agree that people are making this game tougher than it should be. The Pats match up very well against the Colts even in Indy. The Pats should win by a decent amount (7-10 point).

The Pats could obviously could lose, but I think the Pats are the better team and the Colts' flaws play into the Pats' strengths.

I don't think it will be a cake walk, but I agree that people are making this game tougher than it should be. The Pats match up very well against the Colts even in Indy. The Pats should win by a decent amount (7-10 point).

The Pats could obviously could lose, but I think the Pats are the better team and the Colts' flaws play into the Pats' strengths.
BB has had two weeks to prepare for the dolts, i doubt the pats lose. In fact have the pats ever lost coming off a bye? i also think denver has a better d than indy. i was worried about the denver game, but after seeing the way the o-line performed and the defense frustrate manning i believe this team can win anywhere against anyone, and i haven't felt that way in a Long time

Last edited:
Yes. In the regular season they have lost 3 times. 2002, 2011, and 2013
ok, i thought there w/l record was better than that, buy i'm still not worried. bb will find a way to disrupt or rattle luck into throwing some picks.

I believe it will take multiple turnovers on our part to lose. With that said, I also believe the Colts in Indy present a formidable challenge.

We need the RUN game to show up, come Sunday night. Hopefully, Vereen & Gray shows up. Too bad we got no Blount to pound...
:rolleyes:

We need the RUN game to show up, come Sunday night. Hopefully, Vereen & Gray shows up. Too bad we got no Blount to pound...
:rolleyes:

Indy is 26t in the league at giving up the pass..9th in the NFL vs the rush. Pass it on them for the most part. Where they are very vulnerable back there.

Also give up 23 PPG..middle of the road

Indy and pats #1 and 2 in the league in PPG

It's such a week-to-week thing in the NFL. For much of this season, the Pats didn't look very good. For most of this season, the Colts looked like the better team. Then, the Pats play a few good games, the Colts have one bad game and everyone's perception changes. I suppose we'll see what happens on Sunday. I know this: no one has come close to stopping the Colts offense. They have moved the ball at will on everyone. They had numerous chances to beat the Broncos. They were in the red zone the entire second half.

Last edited:
It's such a week-to-week thing in the NFL. For much of this season, the Pats didn't look very good. For most of this season, the Colts looked like the better team. Then, the Pats play a few good games, the Colts have one bad game and everyone's perception changes. I suppose we'll see what happens on Sunday. I know this: no one has come close to stopping the Colts offense. They have moved the ball at will on everyone. They had numerous chances to beat the Broncos. They were in the red zone the entire second half.

The Colts started 0-2, you know. Revisionist history.

And I love "a few good games." If this cat wants to believe that NE's real level of play is the first month and they've simply had a few decent efforts of late, more power to him.

They didn't look good vs Dolphins, Raiders (which they still won), and Chiefs. How is that "much of this season"?

Moving the ball at will doesn't matter if you can't finish drives

And they still looked like the better team through about 6 games or so. Sorry if that upsets you, but to my eyes, they did. Doesn't mean the Pats can't or won't win this game, but until the past few games the Pats did not look very impressive. As I recall, plenty of Pats fans thought the same thing.

And they still looked like the better team through about 6 games or so. Sorry if that upsets you, but to my eyes, they did. Doesn't mean the Pats can't or won't win this game, but until the past few games the Pats did not look very impressive. As I recall, plenty of Pats fans thought the same thing.

You keep hinting that NE looked terrible for most of the season and it is possible (even likely?) that their recent performance is an anomaly. Please understand that this is thought process is misguided

The Colts started 0-2, including a home loss. Then they beat up on hapless Jacksonville and Tennessee.

The Colts are having a fine season, but it's not the one you describe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes