PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appeal for Help: Wife's Family Desperate to Get Out of Afghanistan (UPDATE 20 FEB: THIRD OPTION COMING ABOUT! FOSTERING HOPE IN DESPAIR)

It would be nice if one of the many radio and beat writers who come here looking for talking points and article ideas would take this and put it in an article or talk about it on the air and put the link on their webpage etc...

Some pretty low-class stuff here, given the subject matter of the thread. I wasn’t trying to make some political statement by posting that video. I was trying to help provide a resource to help someone I’ve known on here for 12 years get his family out of a bad situation. I’d have posted it no matter what side of the political coin he favored.
We're on the same side for Nikolai's people and that's fine for me. Didn't click the video because I viewed the still frame as low class. Go figure, we differ.

I sent it to family and friends as well, @Nikolai. You’re not the only one. Some of the combat vet pages I follow have American citizens and Afghanis that supported our troops begging for help via DM to help them get out. They say the embassy is not responding

View attachment 35000

Meanwhile, the Speaker of the House is tweeting about Women’s Day.
A hi jack of a thread with a post about politics that is elusive.

Done. Please keep us updated.

We're on the same side for Nikolai's people and that's fine for me. Didn't click the video because I viewed the still frame as low class. Go figure, we differ.
Very cool story.

You are in my thoughts this is a tragic situation that could have been avoided with better planning -- it is absolutely horrifying. Donating now.

Brings tears to your eyes. Was at a bar Thursday night...my boys and my wife made me go. Between this thread and my brother's situation I was told I need to get out so my kids took me out. While at the bar a marine stood on his stool and asked the bar for their attention. He stated he just received word that one of the Marines killed during the suicide bombing was a close friend of his and asked us for a cheer in honor of his fallen friend. ****ing sad.

My boys by the way are both in the process of joining the Army. I couldn't be prouder of them.

Brings tears to your eyes. Was at a bar Thursday night...my boys and my wife made me go. Between this thread and my brother's situation I was told I need to get out so my kids took me out. While at the bar a marine stood on his stool and asked the bar for their attention. He stated he just received word that one of the Marines killed during the suicide bombing was a close friend of his and asked us for a cheer in honor of his fallen friend. ****ing sad.

My boys by the way are both in the process of joining the Army. I couldn't be prouder of them.
Thanks to them for their service.

Wishing them nothing but the best.. Just wish we had people above the rank of Lt. Col we could be proud of..

This has been amazing and touching and more things that are difficult for me to describe, and I have to tell you that my wife's family is so very grateful. We spoke to the stranded females in Kabul tonight and they are overwhelmed that so much support is coming from people who do not know them. They are very touched and had tears of gratitude.

Because this is not a secure communication, I don't want to get into any detail, but we are hoping for movement sometime soon. This will get them to Stage 1 of safety, but not out of the woods. Stage 2 will see the family move to a much more safe location where we can complete their visa process and bring them to their new home.

Cross your fingers, say prayers, knock on wood, whatever you believe in. This first movement is everything. If we can make this work, I have a lot of faith we can complete this exfil and get them to safety.

Again, thank you so much!

On a lighter note, much of my wife's family doesn't watch a ton of football but now, a bunch of them have said they are now Pats fans. We do have the best fan base in football, bar none!

This has been amazing and touching and more things that are difficult for me to describe, and I have to tell you that my wife's family is so very grateful. We spoke to the stranded females in Kabul tonight and they are overwhelmed that so much support is coming from people who do not know them. They are very touched and had tears of gratitude.

Because this is not a secure communication, I don't want to get into any detail, but we are hoping for movement sometime soon. This will get them to Stage 1 of safety, but not out of the woods. Stage 2 will see the family move to a much more safe location where we can complete their visa process and bring them to their new home.

Cross your fingers, say prayers, knock on wood, whatever you believe in. This first movement is everything. If we can make this work, I have a lot of faith we can complete this exfil and get them to safety.

On a lighter note, much of my wife's family doesn't watch a ton of football but now, a bunch of them have said they are now Pats fans. We do have the best fan base in football, bar none!
Let’s goooooo

Best of luck! Appreciate you keeping us posted, but don’t jeopardize the operation with any security lapses.

I texted about 80 people from phone contact list and I believe my wife put it on facebook. Trying to think of other ways
A bunch of us calling into postgame may get some traction. If BB heard about it, I'd imagine he would help make sure the local media catches wind.

Reactions: Ian

Thanks for the updated, Godspeed to them.

Reactions: Ian

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back