PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else wishes the SB ended differently

I loved watching Tom Brady take a knee to win his fourth Super Bowl so no, I do not wish the game ended differently.

I prefer all our wins to be blowouts but this game ended much better than I could have imagined. Patriots Nation knows how great we played, but everyone else sees it as Seahawks blowing it and that is great. I like our enemies to be bitter. And now Seahawk fans, who probably never had a reason to hate us before, feel towards us what we feel towards the Giants.

I’m not talking about the outcome of course. I’m glad we won obviously. I’m talking about how the last Seattle drive transpired.

Everyone keeps on talking about that dumb play call and how Seattle ‘handed’ the win to New England, which is of course ********. If not for that David Copperfield circus catch by Kearse, the Seahawks would have been looking at 4th and long (if I’m not mistaken) back in their own territory. I wish that freaking catch would have never happened, hopefully we would have taken over on downs, and maybe even put another 3 points just for good measure (31-24).

Don’t get me wrong. I couldn’t be prouder of our team and that championship play by Butler was pure money. But all everyone is talking about is how Seattle lost the SB instead of how New England won it. People keep on overlooking our offense and the fact that TB put 4 TDs on the top defense in the league. Last year it was all about how this top defense embarrassed the top offense, yet this year, no one is talking about how our offense pretty much kicked this defense’s ass. We were moving the ball in the second half almost at will.

I just hope the game would have ended differently, without that need for some magic at the end. No one is giving New England the credit and respect they deserve for beating Seattle and winning the SB. We’re only a week removed from the big game, and no one even remembers there was a superbowl just a week ago. :mad:

Are you ****ing KIDDING me??

01 ~ The Patriots just won the most astonishing, staggering Super Bowl Climax ever.

02 ~ There've been some great Super Bowl finishes. None of them come close to this Epic Climax.

03 ~ It came down to one Play, and the Odds were about 10-1 against us.

04 ~ We were on the very brink, after That Catch, of everyone's Worst NightMare.

05 ~ And then Malcolm Butler makes The Greatest Play In The History Of Sports.

06 ~ The greatest Super Bowl match ever came down to one Winner Take All Play...and we took it all.

07 ~ It wasn't the Greatest Play in the History of Super Bowls.

08 ~ It wasn't the Greatest Play in the History of FootBall.

09 ~ It was The Greatest Play In The History of All Sports, Ever.

10 ~ Suddenly, we have not only yoinked Victory from the jaws of Defeat but have suddenly and finally cemented into the annals of History, by virtue of the fact that Dynasties are virtually impossible since The Infernal Salary Cap Era began, The Greatest Dynasty in the History of FootBall.

11 ~ Suddenly, where near-certain Nightmarish Defeat stared us again in the face, we have suddenly, shockingly, and decisively annihilated the Arguments of all those bitter, jealous, flaccid Clowns who used to push the pathetic notion that Peyton Manning was ever in Tom Brady's League.

12 ~ Suddenly, Tom Brady is finally Getting His Due.

13 ~ Suddenly, Bill Belichick is finally Getting His Due.

14 ~ Suddenly, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and every Patriots Player and every Patriots Fan who's had to bear the brunt of the bitter, flaccid Jealousy and the pathetic and poisonous Lies that've been told about us over the last decade are Kings Of The World!! And they'll never be able to take that from us. Ever.

15 ~ Every Enemy is now consumed with impotent Rage, and every Patriot and Patriots Fan is now overcome with JOY. Never in my wildest Dreams did even I expect such cosmic Awesomeness.

And you're actually squawking about it???

You've got an addiction to Misery, bub.

Good Luck with that.

Last edited:
I disagree that nobody is giving the Pats any respect. I've listened to a lot of national sports radio since the SB and there has been plenty of Brady and Pats worshiping, even from people you wouldn't expect (e.g. Michael Irvin). Cowherd even said Brady is his favorite athlete of all-time.

It was more poignant that a miracle catch happened and we won this one anyway. It felt like the football gods evening things out.

Defensive players like Carl Banks love that play because it just shows defense wins championships. People need context. That play doesn't happen if not for the luckiest catch in football. So things evened out.

Collinsworth did affect how people view that play because of his meltdown. If he didn't throw a hissy fit, it would just be regarded as an amazing defensive play. He should have questioned running a slant route at the 1/2 yard line.

Got to love Patriots fans... now they didn't win the Super Bowl in the right way. lol

Why do people feel the need to have other people validate them? The Patriots won. Who cares what other people say? Some people have a massive inferiority complex.

Not even a little. I told my dad before the game I hoped it came down to a last second play. Not much will compare to the rush of emotions I had when butler picked that pass off.

For example, Seattles win last year. There probably wasn't any one moment that defined the game. They sort of eased into victory from the beginning and it was all but assured by halftime.

We were moving the ball in the second half almost at will.

If by 'second half' you mean 'The final 10 minutes of the fourth quarter'...

I disagree with the sentiment in the original post. I like that we won it in such a cathartic and dramatic way, exorcising the Tyree demon once and for all. People who say they handed it to us are sort of silly: we were up by four points, after all, and dared their offense to score on us. They couldn't, and not by luck, but because of crazy OCD-levels of preparation for every situation.

So I guess I agree that it makes people say silly things, but that isn't enough to make me wish it had ended differently. Let them underestimate us!

Last edited:
For example, Seattles win last year. There probably wasn't any one moment that defined the game.

The Safety. :D

Isn't it nice: the Broncos have The Safety, while the Patriots have The Pick.

I understand what you are saying but I think the way it ended was perfect.
Just as the game ended the first thing Butler said to some media-bag was he saw that play on tape and was well prepared for that situation.
The first thing he said was BB coached him for that moment. An undrafted rookie, back up corner was coached so well that in the most pressure filled moment of that young mans sporting life he exploded into action and did exactly what he was taught to do. It wasn't big name over paid players making a play... it was football players doing their job. It was Patriot football.
It perfectly illustrated BB's superior ability as coach. And while a big win would have made people say "oh my gosh" this win made people take notice and say "oh my gosh BB really is that much smarter" .

I understand what you are saying but I think the way it ended was perfect.
Just as the game ended the first thing Butler said to some media-bag was he saw that play on tape and was well prepared for that situation.
The first thing he said was BB coached him for that moment. An undrafted rookie, back up corner was coached so well that in the most pressure filled moment of that young mans sporting life he exploded into action and did exactly what he was taught to do. It wasn't big name over paid players making a play... it was football players doing their job. It was Patriot football.
It perfectly illustrated BB's superior ability as coach. And while a big win would have made people say "oh my gosh" this win made people take notice and say "oh my gosh BB really is that much smarter" .

Exactly. There'll be plenty of time to lay a 56-3 Super Bowl BeatDown on someone next Year. :D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back