PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else lost interest if Brady's done for year?

• Thread starter ManningOverratedHick
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hopefully the one they don't expect.

How irritated would the league be if we won it anyway?

It would be a great feeling and a great F*ck you to the league and their fans if they did win.

I feel bad for Brady as a person. He is so competitive and in his prime and I bet he is friggin pissed.

What an embarrassing topic. I am honestly lower than I was after the Super Bowl loss but in no way am I disinterested.

I hope that all the bandwagoneers abandon this site so that Patriots fans can discuss football rather than inanities about Culpepper ad nauseum. Me, I'm dissapointed that Tom is injured and appreciate the blessing that wee've had watching a HOF QB on this team. But any Pats fan from before the 21st Century knows that the franchise itself is worth watching. I root for all the Pats players, did so before Brady and will do so afterwards. My season's expectations will be different but my rooting interest won't change.

I hope that all the bandwagoneers abandon this site so that Patriots fans can discuss football rather than inanities about Culpepper ad nauseum. Me, I'm dissapointed that Tom is injured and appreciate the blessing that wee've had watching a HOF QB on this team. But any Pats fan from before the 21st Century knows that the franchise itself is worth watching. I root for all the Pats players, did so before Brady and will do so afterwards. My season's expectations will be different but my rooting interest won't change.

QFT.

I think there are a lot of bandwagon fans who were rooting for the New England Bradys or the New England Mosses.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

Lose interest? Are you kidding? I'm going to root for this team harder than I ever have in my entire life. I think, in support of Cassel and the rest of the team, the fans at Gillette ought to make a personal commitment to be the loudest fans in the league and do nothing but shower the team with encouragement. They've given us so much over the years...its time we returned the favor. Time for Pats fans to step up.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

I'll never lose "interest," but I have just lost my high expectations. I'll be thrilled to make the playoff's with Cassell at the helm - and it sure as hell would show me the grit this team has.

Lets be real people. No longer can you talk SB.

With Brady gone, are we now a "runnning team" like the Bears or Vikings?

I can't wait to beat the Jets. I still think we beat them

Last edited:
I'll never lose "interest," but I have just lost my high expectations. I'll be thrilled to make the playoff's with Cassell at the helm - and it sure as hell would show me the grit this team has.

Lets be real people. No longer can you talk SB.

Maybe not, but I sure know no one on the team was thinking SB even with Brady. This team has been taught to take it one week at a time and so should we. So much can happen during a season.

We won't have any problem beating the Jets......and there are 52 other players on the Patriots, many are pro bowlers and champions with a lot of heart......don't count the Pats out of any game.....I KNOW I AM NOT!!!!!!!!

maybe not, but i sure know no one on the team was thinking sb even with brady. This team has been taught to take it one week at a time and so should we. So much can happen during a season.

well said.......

+1

Very well said. This is my team and I will cheer for them no matter what happens. Times like this weed out the bandwagoners from the real fans.

Some of these threads are patently ridiculous.

If Brady is out for the year and someone like Daunte Culpepper circa 2004 doesn't replace him, you can bet the house on at least one loss to the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins a piece, sure losses to Indy, Denver and one of San Diego/Pittsburgh, and one other miscellaneous loss, so you're looking at a 9-7 season, Jets take the division if Favre stays healthy, and a first round wildcard game to the 3rd seed.

Wow you really are a part time fan aren't you? Talk about no trust in BB. You do know we have a coach right? A pretty darn good one at that and I think we actually have some other players on the team. :eek:
Losses to Jets, Dolphins and Bills? I'll let you know after this coming weekend when there’s a game plan that's for Cassel.

Lose interest? Are you kidding? I'm going to root for this team harder than I ever have in my entire life. I think, in support of Cassel and the rest of the team, the fans at Gillette ought to make a personal commitment to be the loudest fans in the league and do nothing but shower the team with encouragement. They've given us so much over the years...its time we returned the favor. Time for Pats fans to step up.

You echo my thoughts exactly. Frkin bandwagoners and "it's all about ME" type fans can go root for the Cowboys and stay away from Gillette as far as I'm concerned. Time for PATRIOTS fans to step up and rally behind Matt, start talking about the positives in this TEAM, not about how Brady's injury will ruin 'their' season. Boofreakin hoo. If YOU feel bad, just imagine how Brady feels. My heart goes out to him-he so loves this game and this team. Photos like the one on Reiss' page make me sick-I can only begin to imagine the thoughts that were going through his head right then, and the pain he was in at that time.

But we have a game this week-a big one too- and my bet is it'll be one of the most watched games ever. I'm dying to see what this team's made of, and I'm behind Matt and Co. 1000%. Buckle up, it's going to be one heck of a ride Pats fans. Then again-when hasn't it been? The team has and will step up, now it's time for us to do the same.

Some of these threads I'm seeing are just downright embarrassing.

Remember, Tommy isn't dead. You can betcha ahsus that Brady is going to give this team the pep-talk of the millennium.

The answer is "NO." By the way, did you see San Diego & the Colts yesterday? Not saying we will beat them, but we certainly could.

Btw, it's all right if you say I'm not a die-hard, because a die-hard would watch every snap with excitement even if Rex Grossman was the quarterback, but I'm a fan of greatness. I can only imagine what it was like to watch Larry Bird play in his prime. We went 9-7 in 2002 and I still watched and rooted for them. I just like watching Brady play. Since the last Super Bowl win, this team has turned into the post-2001 Yankees. Like Jeter always says, "This isn't the same team." And this is what it would be like if the Yankees lost Jeter, and I hate the Yankees, but I can imagine how Yankee fans would feel. It's bad enough you aren't winning championships, then the key component to a potential championship goes down.

OK. Let me get this straight. You're saying that unless your team is fortunate enough to have one of the greatest players of all time on its roster, whatever the sport, you will have, to use your expression, "lost interest."

Let's take this one step further. Ted Williams was the greatest hitter of all time. But he could never bring home a World Series championship. How would you have felt about him and his teams?

Let me put it this way. If I were writing a definition of "Bandwagon Fan" for Wikipedia, I think I'd use what your wrote as an example.

Oh, and I'm so sorry that you had to watch the Pats go 9--7 in 2002 after winning the SB.

And, BTW, watching Larry Bird play in his prime was pure joy and I still remember with awe some of his matchups with Magic in the Old Garden. But I didn't stop caring about the Celts after he retired.

You echo my thoughts exactly. Frkin bandwagoners and "it's all about ME" type fans can go root for the Cowboys and stay away from Gillette as far as I'm concerned. Time for PATRIOTS fans to step up and rally behind Matt, start talking about the positives in this TEAM, not about how Brady's injury will ruin 'their' season. Boofreakin hoo. If YOU feel bad, just imagine how Brady feels. My heart goes out to him-he so loves this game and this team. Photos like the one on Reiss' page make me sick-I can only begin to imagine the thoughts that were going through his head right then, and the pain he was in at that time.

But we have a game this week-a big one too- and my bet is it'll be one of the most watched games ever. I'm dying to see what this team's made of, and I'm behind Matt and Co. 1000%. Buckle up, it's going to be one heck of a ride Pats fans. Then again-when hasn't it been? The team has and will step up, now it's time for us to do the same.

Some of these threads I'm seeing are just downright embarrassing.

I'm with you No Doubt. Stop crying and get behind your team, people!!

It's time for maroney to get lots of carries.

Find yourself a new fricken board then! I know this is my first post and sorry about the heat but this thread pissed me off!!! Heck no I'm not going to loose interest! Born in New Englander and will die a New Englander!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes