PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is simply wrong. If one hired a female cleaning woman and she was in your house, and one did the same exact thing, that is a criminal offense. Now it is an unusual criminal offense, and impossible to prove, but it is a criminal offense regardless.
I think you're glossing over a few key aspects of this story:

1. This was inside AB's home, not out in public. He has all the right to take a shower and come out inside his home naked and covering his junk;
2. This was not a cleaning lady (your example), but an artist, specifically a painter that paints portraits, so as an artist she is probably used to seeing people naked;
3. By the painters own account, she perceived him as being flirtatious, said she was used to this type of behavior, and handled it professionally. She never even thought of filing a report, and in fact continued to try to reach out to AB to finish the work.

You are completely over blowing this incident as "criminal" behaviour instead of what it was, AB trying to get inside the painters pants, and when she ignored him, he moved on. He clearly thinks he is an Adonis, that women cant resist.

Telling would have been if he would have acted aggressively to her ignoring him, but he didn't. He moved on, didn't threaten her or assault her in any way.

I agree there is zero chance he gets charged with a crime.

There is however a higher than likely chance he does not play through this season on the Pats.
NFL needs to make these situations cut and dry. It's a circus. Must be arrested or charged by authorities before suspensions kick in. Everyone just has to deal with it.. fans, sponsors, teammates etc. It's the only logical explanation imo

But that was always the likeliest of scenarios, even before the accusations.

People here are just jumping to the forefront of it because they don't want to see the Patriots associated with Brown, which I totally understand, but until there's proof he committed a crime, there's no point to throw up the pitchforks.
I'm not really throwing up the pitchforks. I am trying to be fairly analytical about it. It is clear, that right now, Brown on the team is damaging the brand. We already know we can win Super Bowls without AB.

In fact, no team has ever won a Super Bowl with AB. Now is it possible that the offense could be so amazing and the team goes 19-0 and that in the end that is all people will remember? Yes, it's possible.

But what is going to happen is Kraft is going to cut bait and take care of the brand.

1. This was inside AB's home, not out in public. He has all the right to take a shower and come out inside his home naked and covering his junk;
2. This was not a cleaning lady (your example), but an artist, specifically a painter that paints portraits, so as an artist she is probably used to seeing people naked;
3. By the painters own account, she perceived him as being flirtatious, said she was used to this type of behavior, and handled it professionally. She never even thought of filing a report, and in fact continued to try to reach out to AB to finish the work.

You are completely over blowing this incident as "criminal" behaviour instead of what it was, AB trying to get inside the painters pants, and when she ignored him, he moved on. He clearly thinks he is an Adonis, that women cant resist.

Telling would have been if he would have acted aggressively to her ignoring him, but he didn't. He moved on, didn't threaten her or assault her in any way.

Since when does Goondell need a criminal act to suspend anyone?

Point number 2 being used to defend ABs behavior is particularly degrading...to the person who posted it.

I'm not really throwing up the pitchforks. I am trying to be fairly analytical about it. It is clear, that right now, Brown on the team is damaging the brand. We already know we can win Super Bowls without AB.

In fact, no team has ever won a Super Bowl with AB. Now is it possible that the offense could be so amazing and the team goes 19-0 and that in the end that is all people will remember? Yes, it's possible.

But what is going to happen is Kraft is going to cut bait and take care of the brand.
See that's where your point blows up in smoke.

Kraft did more damage this year to his own brand than Brown's done. He's not cutting Brown unless there's proof.

Brown is only damaging his own brand at this rate. People would still hate the Patriots even if every player on the team was a boy scout. That's never changing.

NFL needs to make these situations cut and dry. It's a circus. Must be arrested or charged by authorities before suspensions kick in. Everyone just has to deal with it.. fans, sponsors, teammates etc. It's the only logical explanation imo
I agree. I'm just bored today anyway.

"You ball you get the call" as they say

But that was always the likeliest of scenarios, even before the accusations.

People here are just jumping to the forefront of it because they don't want to see the Patriots associated with Brown, which I totally understand, but until there's proof he committed a crime, there's no point to throw up the pitchforks.
You seem to be confusing people expecting that Roger will suspend Brown with people wanting Roger to suspend Brown.

I, for one, do not want him to be suspended at this time because there's no firm enough information that warrants it. However, I fully expect that he will be suspended for all the reasons I've mentioned in previous posts on the topic.

You seem to be confusing people expecting that Roger will suspend Brown with people wanting Roger to suspend Brown.

I, for one, do not want him to be suspended at this time because there's no firm enough information that warrants it. However, I fully expect that he will be suspended for all the reasons I've mentioned in previous posts on the topic.
You can expect whatever you want, that's totally your right.

But that doesn't mean you need to troll everyone who disagrees with you.

ridiculous to be put on exempt list for a civil suit as it will take at least a year to get to court. What a horrible precedent.

Since when does Goondell need a criminal act to suspend anyone?
I didn't say anything about suspensions. This is with mosslots position that ABs behavior was a criminal act.

ridiculous to be put on exempt list for a civil suit as it will take at least a year to get to court. What a horrible precedent.
Agreed. Which is why it won't happen.

The NFLPA would go to war. You're opening pandora's box at that point.

I still don’t think it happens. Hoping brown has something on her. This is opening a can of worms by doing it.

Also, he did keep the $700 portrait.

I think that was part of the lawsuit as well.

That's what I meant about him keeping the art, but the article says there specifically was no lawsuit, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Weren't the people who are saying "X will never happen!" laughing at people that were saying "Antonio Brown on the Pats will never happen!" like 10 days ago?

Here are my thoughts on AB and they are pretty straight forward. I don't want him here after this year. Even if he rips up his contract and is willing to come back for cents on the dollar I would rather not have to deal with it and cheer for him. They already paid him 9M so there is a lot invested at this point.

While I think he is a piece of crap human being I currently don't believe he has done anything so immoral that they are forced to walk away from the player and eat the 9M. I do believe he has treated people and particularly women like ****. I think he has made sexual advances that straddle the borderline between creepy and sexual harassment/coercive behavior.

Also he appears to have violent outburst that so far have not resulted any serious injury or what I would consider true 'assault' but I could see him potentially taking that next step and snapping in the future. Also he routinely stiffs people who work for him.

I just don't want him here when he steps over the line. Hopefully it isn't in the next 6 months.

Sports Illustrated has identified several people Brown similarly cut out of his life, allegedly before payments for goods and services were made. Many of them say they were subjected to Brown’s unusual behavior. Dr. Victor Prisk, a former gymnast and bodybuilder who runs Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness (POW) in Monroeville, Pa., says he was wary of Brown’s reputation in the athletic performance community for being, in his words, a “flighty” client. Still, in August 2018, he took an initial meeting with Brown, for which he says the receiver was three hours late. Upon arrival, Brown passed gas numerous times in Prisk’s vicinity while Prisk was testing his body fat. A video, shot by a Brown acolyte, made the rounds on the internet. “It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk says now. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

hahaha wtf, did this really need publishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3