PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason we need to win today: Buffalo tired of watching the Patriots win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pretty good column overall, from an opposing point of view. Hey, I remember feeling that way about teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, and, yes, the Bills during their big runs. (For some reason the Niners never bothered me). So we well know how tiresome it can be watching another team always winning.

Graham does lose points, however, for presenting myth as fact, basically pandering to his audience:

Brady is despised for his on-field whining and his moated mansion and his Ugg boots and his supermodel wife who calls out receivers for dropping the ball and who gets photographed nursing her baby while getting a manicure and for his injured knee that changed how referees call penalties and for all his trophies.

Yet another writer who doesn't know the history of the Carson Palmer Rule.

First or second seed is most important. But this gets me a little warmer and fuzzier every year.Embrace the hate.

The Buffalo news. :D

Maybe depression spikes around this time of year not because of the holidays. ≈ People probably are just sick of watching the New England Patriots go to the playoffs again.

Patriot fatigue: New England’s winning ways are getting old - Sports - The Buffalo News

It's just a colorfully written backward way of saying the Bills suck.

By the way, I've never cared for this "embrace the hate" sentiment, it puts you at the haters' level. Just leave them to their misery. (Except, of course, when it comes to the Jets.)

It's just a colorfully written backward way of saying the Bills suck.

By the way, I've never cared for this "embrace the hate" sentiment, it puts you at the haters' level. Just leave them to their misery. (Except, of course, when it comes to the Jets.)

I feel the piece is written more from an NFL fan's perspective as opposed to just a Bills fan.

And really, who hates the Jaguars?

So we well know how tiresome it can be watching another team always winning.

Judging by how many posters jump off the virtual cliff on a weekly basis and/or whine about players past their primes or otherwise not living up to their promises or letting "us" down, the number you refer to is pretty low, I think.

The only time I "hated" the Bills was the 31-0 loss. That game plus hearing the likes of Gash and Milloy run their mouths and trash the Pats organization was hard to stomach. And even Bledsoe took a subtle shot......

Judging by how many posters jump off the virtual cliff on a weekly basis and/or whine about players past their primes or otherwise not living up to their promises or letting "us" down, the number you refer to is pretty low, I think.

Hah --true. Showing my age I guess.

Ehhh ... sucked to watch them go to 4 straight Super Bowls also ...

Was nice to watch them lose ... bitterness becomes an obsession for some fans.

Scott forgot to rotate the hips ... oh well ...

ssm-01500_gianphs016017.jpg

Last edited:
Bills* fans already crying about the refs

I made the mistake of going over to that cesspool they call the Bills* message board. The Patriots beatings over the years have really done damage on their fanbase. Before the game has even started, they're whining about roughing the passer calls. Because they've* sucked for so long, it's kind of an underlooked fanbase in terms of being just pathetic people.

* - Haven't made the playoffs in forever

Re: Bills* fans already crying about the refs

All Your Weck Are Belong To Us :D

Yet another writer who doesn't know the history of the Carson Palmer Rule.

It's the most frustrating thing, isn't it?

In case anyone needs a refresher:

a) On January 8, 2006, the Bengals met their division rival Pittsburgh in the first round of the AFC playoffs at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

On the Bengals' first pass play, Carson Palmer threw a 66-yard pass to rookie receiver Chris Henry. It was the longest completion in Bengals playoff history. After Palmer released the pass, Steelers defensive tackle Kimo von Oelhoffen was pushed from behind while diving for Palmer, violently wrenching Palmer's knee, and he was forced to leave the game. A magnetic resonance imaging test revealed a severe knee injury, thought to be career-threatening at the time; Palmer had tears of both the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments as well as cartilage and meniscus damage. Coincidentally, Henry himself suffered a knee injury on the same play, though far less severe. Having knocked Palmer out of the game the Steelers went on to win 31–17. (Wiki)

b) During the (2006) off-season, the league's Rules Committee modified the rule regarding low hits on quarterbacks. The new rule prohibited defenders from hitting a passer at or below the knee unless they are blocked into him. The so-called "Carson Palmer Rule" now requires that defenders take every opportunity to avoid hitting a quarterback at or below the knees when the quarterback is in a defenseless position looking to throw with both feet on the ground. (Wiki)

c) Tom Brady suffered his knee injury September 9, 2008.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible I'm being too harsh and all these hack writers do actually know all of this and are just saying that the rule is enforced more now because of Brady's injury??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down