PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid’s KC Offense Is Fun to Watch, And Hard to Stop

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Andy Reid’s KC Offense Is Fun to Watch, And Hard to Stop

Steve Balestrieri

Reid is an incredible innovator. He has blended a wonderful marriage of the Bill Walsh West Coast offense that he was raised on, and the college spread.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Hopefully they can take a book from what Jacksonville did to slow down Mahomes. While Jax lost, they held him without a TD pass ( 2 ints) and only 2/4 in red zone and 4/12 on third down.... While the Pats defense isn't Jacksonville's, maybe they used some techniques to confuse him slow down 2018's version of greatest show on turf...we know what happened to the 2001 version of GSOT...

Yes, Mahomes worries me. He's a mobile passer who can make crazy throws that he has no business completing, the kind the Pats have trouble with. I hope Brady is preparing for a shoot-out!

Hopefully they can take a book from what Jacksonville did to slow down Mahomes. While Jax lost, they held him without a TD pass ( 2 ints) and only 2/4 in red zone and 4/12 on third down.... While the Pats defense isn't Jacksonville's, maybe they used some techniques to confuse him slow down 2018's version of greatest show on turf...we know what happened to the 2001 version of GSOT...

Jacksonville’s defense is slightly different than ours...they have the horses to slow them down a bit, we do not

Chiefs' defense especially pass rush did not look so weak as stats suggest. Unfortunately Mahomes looks mature and he is aware of his offensive weapons. To reduce screen passes and Hunt's rides might be a factor. Duel between TB12 and Mahomes might be a real scenario. I hope Chiefs confidence and lack of experience will be our advantage.

Jacksonville’s defense is slightly different than ours...they have the horses to slow them down a bit, we do not

Your point is true. Yet "slowing" a team down to 30 points scored will require our offense to score 31+.

Doable???

Patriots defense scheming/getting turnovers might be the key this week. Offensively, they really seem to be quite talented at all skills positions and you can't lock on a single player. Mahommes is a running threat, RB, 3 WRs (balanced for the most part) and TE.

Collapsing the pocket will be necessary. Might need to bring back the Amoeba defense.

Your point is true. Yet "slowing" a team down to 30 points scored will require our offense to score 31+.

Doable???

We can’t slow them down on the field but we can keep them off the field by running the ball down their throats. They have a terrible run d. Long td drives is the way to go.

That's correct. By my estimation, we'll have to scheme it (and that problem will remain the same throughout the year). I said in the other thread that this would be a great game to heavily disguise our coverages and rushes and that I sincerely hope this is the game where they stop farting around with DMac as a box safety (if only for one game) and play him back at a more natural FS role. We need his range to disrupt some of those deeper patterns to Hill and Watkins.

That's correct. By my estimation, we'll have to scheme it (and that problem will remain the same throughout the year). I said in the other thread that this would be a great game to heavily disguise our coverages and rushes and that I sincerely hope this is the game where they stop farting around with DMac as a box safety (if only for one game) and play him back at a more natural FS role. We need his range to disrupt some of those deeper patterns to Hill and Watkins.

I think the best way to go about it is to run Michel down their throats. They have one of the worst run Ds in the league. If we score too many quick TDs, they’re going to come back and score quickly on us. I would rather see Mahomes sit on the sidelines than run around our slow LBs.

Yes, Mahomes worries me. He's a mobile passer who can make crazy throws that he has no business completing, the kind the Pats have trouble with. I hope Brady is preparing for a shoot-out!

Last year, mobile QB's with strong arms did very well against the Pats. Mahomes looks to be quick on his feet but always keeps his eyes down the field and has a strong but really accurate arm. The Pats have to keep everything in front of them.

I am a weird guy. I don't see failures as something that should define you.

and boy does Andy Reid has some... But he alse always overcames those, and put his team back in shape to always be in the Playoffs.

That is consistently good in the NFL and it speaks more to me than every one and done and lackluster playoff defeats, cause I also know that is not always on him.

Andy also knows how to beat the Patriots, at least recently. Innovation, as said in the topic, is something he is able to do and that throws off the Pats' staff, followers of film study as the holy grail of preparation.

I am very excited for this game. I think we are going to win for a number of reason, but I've always felt like Andy Reid doesn't get enough respect around the NFL. I think he is a phenomenal coach, who really needs to buy a watch or somethin'

Well, we might not have the horses per se, but we often have the brains. I am hoping BB, Ernie and Brian Flores come up with a good plan to slow them down and that our O continues to operate in mid-season form.

Well, we might not have the horses per se, but we often have the brains. I am hoping BB, Ernie and Brian Flores come up with a good plan to slow them down and that our O continues to operate in mid-season form.

Sadly, I don’t know if brains will be enough to shut down Mahomes. Maybe to slow him down a bit, but they are as explosive a team I’ve seen in recent memory.

Sorry not sorry, but if it comes to it, then I want to see somebody take one for the team, at the one-time cost of 15 yards, and go Greg Williams on Mahomes.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back