PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anaheim Ducks GM Placed On Leave For Verbal Abuse Of Staff and Players: Implications For Sports?

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray was placed on leave for verbal abuse of staff and players and creating a hostile work environment (he has subsequently resigned and entered alcohol rehab). What are the implications for other coaches or GMs?

In my opinion this is a slippery slope. In New England Bill is a throw back type coach who isn’t afraid to swear at players and call them out. It takes a thick skin to play for Bill and we’ve heard many players who have come through here didn’t enjoy the experience.

I played for tough coaches in sports when I was young and looking back I’m happy I did. It toughens you up. Life is hard and not all sunshine and rainbows. The newer generations will learn that once they enter the real world. Not sure exactly what happened in Anaheim and maybe he deserved to be put on leave but I hope this isn’t a trend we see started.

You can be a "tough" coach without being an abusive *******. The fact that he checked himself into rehab is a pretty good sign that this wasn't just dropping a few swears at practice. Also, he's not even a coach.

You can be a "tough" coach without being an abusive *******. The fact that he checked himself into rehab is a pretty good sign that this wasn't just dropping a few swears at practice. Also, he's not even a coach.
Rehab is the big giveaway with this one.

Rehab is the big giveaway with this one.

Rehab is frequently a P.R. move in these sorts of cases. Immediately calling it a sign, without knowing a lot more, is folly.

Go Woke Go Broke Is What I Always Say.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back