PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amari Cooper?

Don Calhoun

On the Roster
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Sign the beast!!

Hmmmmmm we have some money he's a NEED Rookie WR's aren't a guarantee to work out here...what's not to like? Proven player who would be a safe acquisition for this Team. Who would you prefer JC Jackson or Amari Cooper?? Cooper is no brainer to me he's still in his prime.:cool:

Amari Cooper and Kendrick Bourne what's not to like?:cool:

Someone's gonna give him $20 million a year...
We'd be hearing about an impending trade in that case, because that's exactly what his remaining contract pays him each of the next three seasons. This report sure sounds like they were offering him around at the combine and couldn't find any takers because nobody wants to pay him that.

Someone not in foxboro
Not so fast Cooper is a Player that should interest us he's a safe bet if we can work something out. They are some players on the FA market who looks good but are currently nursing ACL injuries same for the Draft would you rather them or Cooper? I know who I prefer.

Someone not in foxboro
Also BB will pay for a FA WR if he thinks they can make the Team better ie...Welker - Moss and Amendola. I find Cooper very safe and he doesn't come with any baggage like others.

Last edited:
He's already earned $40M in guaranteed money and he's only 28. He's got a chance to get another $20-40M in guaranteed money with another team on a 3 year contract.

SmartSelect_20220304-113336_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20220304-113221_Firefox.jpg

Also BB will pay for a FA WR if he thinks they can make the Team better ie...Welker - Moss and Amendola. I find Cooper very safe and he doesn't come with any baggage I like others.
Moss was damaged goods, a 4th rounder trade is all it took. Welker was a nobody, got him for a 2nd and 7th. Bill and value, on display right there. They paid Amendola, ok, fine. That was in 2013, a different time and a different team with a different set of needs, with a GOAT QB. This is not 2013.

I don't like Cooper for 20m bucks. Not with so many holes on D.

I assume he will be way out of our price range.

Didn’t have much of a better season than Bourne. Is inconsistent. Production has never really equaled talent. No thanks! I’d pass. Good thing is it’s another big name that will take money from someone else the Pats might be interested in off the market.

If WR was our only real need, I would definitely be in for Cooper. But I think he's going to be pretty pricy, and with needs at CB, LB, and OL, as well as opportunities to upgrade at DL and 3rd down RB, I just think that money is better spent spread out a bit.

Moss was damaged goods, a 4th rounder trade is all it took. Welker was a nobody, got him for a 2nd and 7th. Bill and value, on display right there. They paid Amendola, ok, fine. That was in 2013, a different time and a different team with a different set of needs, with a GOAT QB. This is not 2013.

I don't like Cooper for 20m bucks. Not with so many holes on D.
It's obvious the Cowboys are going to Cut him! what the problem?? I am not suggesting we Trade for him but the Patriots wouldn't be wise if they didn't at least pursue him.

Hmmmmmm we have some money he's a NEED Rookie WR's aren't a guarantee to work out here...what's not to like? Proven player who would be a safe acquisition for this Team. Who would you prefer JC Jackson or Amari Cooper?? Cooper is no brainer to me he's still in his prime.:cool:

We can get a cheap WR or two n the draft....

It's obvious the Cowboys are going to Cut him! what the problem?? I am not suggesting we Trade for him but the Patriots wouldn't be wise if they didn't at least pursue him.
As stated above, someone else is going to pay him a lot of money.

Didn’t have much of a better season than Bourne. Is inconsistent. Production has never really equaled talent. No thanks! I’d pass. Good thing is it’s another big name that will take money from someone else the Pats might be interested in off the market.
I disagree Dallas was pretty Stacked at the Skill positions that's why they can move on from Cooper...we weren't stacked at all. Cooper would elevate both Bourne and Myers if we are not in the mix after he's cut I'll be very surprised. My argument is we suck at Drafting WR's Cooper is already proven and still in his prime again what's not to like?

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back